America’s prosperity, global competitiveness, and quality of life depend on modern infrastructure. We need a durable strategy to modernize roads, bridges, transit, rail, water, energy, and modern access to broadband. Addressing these critical needs without raising taxes on business will create millions of jobs and make our communities safer.
Read these first
- Infrastructure Passes: Five Big Wins for Our EconomyPassage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will rebuild America and turbocharge economic growth.Learn More
- US Chamber's 25-Year Timeline to an Infrastructure DealThe U.S. Chamber had engaged in a nine-month blitz of advocacy, advertising, and grass roots organizing to urge the passage of the $1.2 trillion bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.Learn More
- How Infrastructure Impacts BusinessInvesting in America’s infrastructure is critical to staying competitive globally. Here's a guide for businesses to the current state of infrastructure in the U.S.Learn More
Permit America to Build
To meet our growing challenges—like updating crumbling roads and bridges, addressing water quality, expanding broadband access, combatting climate change, and strengthening our energy security—the permitting process simply must be improved.
The U.S. Chamber stands ready to collaborate across the business community and with all relevant stakeholders to ensure that small and disadvantaged communities are able to deliver affordable, high quality water that meets all applicable standards for citizens and businesses to rely on.
For nearly 25 years, the U.S. Chamber has advocated for investment in our crumbling infrastructure system. We have brought together business and labor, Democrats and Republicans, and companies of every industry to move forward this urgent and overdue national priority. We will continue to work with partners in business and government to make the investment, find the workers, and get projects moving. There may be no better way to secure our nation’s long-term competitiveness.
Demand for cleaner energy sources continues to grow and innovation is needed to support it. Red tape, lengthy approvals, and inefficiencies need to be removed.
- International48th Annual India Ideas SummitTuesday, June 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Doing Business with Big BusinessesThursday, June 2212:00 PM EDT - 12:30 PM EDTLearn More
- InfrastructureGlobal Aerospace Summit: Innovating the Skies, Connecting the WorldTuesday, September 12 - Wednesday, September 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
U.S. Chamber President and CEO Tom Donohue released the American Growth Agenda to accelerate economic growth.
U.S. Chamber President Tom Donohue's remarks on the State of American Business as prepared for delivery on January 11, 2017.
Business Community Optimistic, Realistic, and Ready for Meaningful Reform to Reignite Spirit of American Enterprise
WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue said today in his annual “State of American Business” address that fostering stronger, faster, and more broadly shared economic growth must be the top priority for the nation’s leaders.
The Chamber’s message to policymakers and incoming leaders is simple: Choose growth.