The aviation industry is one of the most innovative and resilient sectors in the global economy. It is working to build a diverse workforce, create sustainable and fuel-efficient planes, and create a future of speedy and autonomous flight. It is important to fund critical aviation infrastructure projects today so our airports, runways, and other flight investment priorities can keep up with a rapidly evolving industry.
- Sep 01, 2022The Most Important Issues Facing the Aviation Industry Today
Here’s what businesses need to know about the American aviation industry in advance of the Chamber’s Global Aerospace Summit in September 2022.
- Dec 20, 2021Space Economy: 4 Trends to Watch in 2022
The space economy is booming, with some estimates projecting it to reach $1 trillion by 2040. Here are four trends that will shape the commercialization of space in 2022.
- Sep 13, 2021Travel and Tourism: What Businesses Need to Know Now
The pandemic has had a significant impact on both business travel and leisure travel. Here’s what businesses need to know about travel beyond COVID-19.
- Feb 03, 2020Staying Ahead of Aviation Industry Trends
Carol Hallett, the leading executive of the U.S. Chamber's Aviation Summit, breaks down aviation trends and industry insights.
- Oct 30, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter on H.R. 3055
This Hill letter was sent to the United States Senate, on H.R. 3055, the Commerce, Justice, Science, Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, Interior, Environment, Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Act of 2020.
- Oct 16, 2019Coalition Letter on Facial Recognition Technology
This Coalition letter was sent to Congressional leadership and the leadership of a number of Committees, on the use of facial recognition technology.
- Jun 04, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter to the Senate Commerce Committee Supporting Stephen Dickson for Administrator of the FAA
This letter was sent to the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, supporting the nomination of Stephen Dickson for Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration.
- May 16, 2019Coalition Letter on Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems
This Coalition Letter was sent to the Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Roger Wicker and Ranking Member Maria Cantwell, and House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Peter DeFazio and Ranking Member Sam Graves, on the Federal Aviation Administration’s planned rulemaking on “Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems."
The letter was separately sent to Office of Management and Budget, and the Departments of Transportation, Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security.
- Dec 17, 2018Space: The New Economic Frontier
U.S. Chamber of Commerce economists project that commercial space will be at least a $1.5 trillion industry by 2040.
- Feb 28, 2018Is Aviation Innovation Dead? We asked 8 of the Biggest and Brightest CEOs and Executives. Here’s what they said.
The aviation industry is not resting on its laurels.