Companies are increasingly interested in the intersection between public policy and their own sustainability efforts. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's environment and sustainability policy capability promotes an enabling environment to ensure that the business community has the flexibility and policy tools it needs to succeed – for their shareholders, employees, customers and communities where they operate.
- Ensure that policymakers support the creative and innovative approaches that companies are undertaking to address their environmental and sustainability challenges.
- Promote voluntary, flexible – not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive – policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress.
- Catalyze federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and growth in the sustainability space.
Based on the recent survey and discussions with members, the environment and sustainability policy service offerings include:
- Policymaker education – The Chamber is working to build awareness among policymakers and the public regarding the varied and substantial environmental and sustainability efforts being undertaken by the business community, including through the sharing of data, information, and best practices.
- A supportive enabling environment – The Chamber works with members and stakeholders to identify and advocate for proactive policies and investments that will continue to empower companies to pursue and maximize the impact of their sustainability initiatives.
The initial 2018 policy agenda is focusing on climate and water issues.
For more information, contact Chuck Chaitovitz, vice president for Environmental Affairs and Sustainability at CChaitovitz@uschamber.com.
LetterJun 28, 2018 - 3:30pm
This was letter was sent to all members of the United States Senate in support of S. 2602, the "Utilizing Significant Emissions with Innovative Technologies Act."
LetterJun 13, 2018 - 4:45pm
This letter was sent to the Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Appropriations Committee ahead of their markup of the Fiscal Year 2019 Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations bill.
LetterJun 07, 2018 - 5:15pm
This letter was sent to all members of the U.S. House of Representatives as they begin to consider H.R. 5895, Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019.
LetterJun 05, 2018 - 10:15am
This letter was sent to the Chairman and Ranking Member of the House Appropriations Committee ahead of their markup of the Fiscal Year 2019 Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations bill.