Small business is bearing the brunt of supply chain challenges caused by worker shortages and delays. Nearly two in three small businesses have had to alter their supply chains in the past six months, according to the Q4 2021 U.S. Chamber and MetLife Small Business Index.
- Congress Must Fund Semiconductor Legislation to Bolster Innovation and Supply ChainsCOVID-19 accelerated demand for semiconductor chips, overwhelming supply and bringing supply chain challenges into sharp focus.
- A Business Guide to Security and ResilienceTips and advice to help keep businesses running during natural disasters, supply chain disruptions, cyber attacks, and other emergencies.
- Reducing Supply Chain Dependence on Single SourceCountries can improve their economy and production by reducing supply chain dependence on a single country or source.
Resilient, efficient, and secure supply chains are essential to commerce, our economy, and people’s standard of living. Protecting supply chains from interruptions—from security threats and economic volatility to production issues and workforce shortages—is crucial to keeping goods flowing. The U.S. can ease these risks by diversifying supply chains and building up reserves of critical products. We work closely with government to make sure that policy recommendations protect the private sector while avoiding punitive approaches, new barriers to trade, and one-size-fits-all fixes.
As society pushes for a more inclusive business world, enterprise leaders should consider the importance of diversifying their supply chains.
- InternationalPath Forward: World EconomyWednesday, May 2502:30 PM EDT - 03:30 PM EDT
- InternationalCEO Summit of the AmericasWednesday, June 08 - Thursday, June 0908:00 AM EDT - 06:00 PM EDT
- InternationalUSIBC 2022 Technology Summit - Innovation Fueled ProsperityTuesday, June 21 - Thursday, June 2312:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- Mar 11, 2020U.S. Chamber Letter on the Impact of Coronavirus on America's Small Business Supply Chain
This Hill letter was sent to the Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship, on the hearing entitled, “The Coronavirus and America’s Small Business Supply Chain.”
- Dec 06, 2019Coalition Comment Letter on "Securing the Information and Communications Technology and Services Supply Chain"
This Coalition Comment letter was sent to the Department of Commerce, asking for an extension request for public comments.
- Jun 17, 2019Letter to Appropriations Committee in Support of Supplemental Funding for CBP
As stakeholders interested in the activities of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at land, sea, and air ports-of-entry (POEs) around the globe, we urge you to support the Administration’s request for supplemental appropriations to cover CBP operations for the remainder of this fiscal year.
- May 23, 2018Global Supply Chains Must Evolve as the Economy Evolves Technology, free trade agreements, and improved infrastructure can improve supply chains and reduce barriers for businesses
- May 21, 201821st Century Supply Chains Need State-of-the-Art Infrastructure Experts say technology will rule the day, if infrastructure will enable it.
- May 21, 2018Supply Chain Best Practices
Developments of new technologies have revolutionized supply chains, but they have also created vulnerabilities.
- May 08, 2017Global Supply Chains Explained … in One Graphic
Global supply chains are complicated and critical, with many moving pieces.