As states issue stay at home guidance amid the COVID-19 pandemic, there becomes an urgent need for clarification on what businesses and workers are considered essential.
The Chamber is actively monitoring and tracking these announcements. Below is a link to our new Essential Workforce Tracker, which maps the U.S. Department of Homeland Security guidance by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) to state orders impacting the critical infrastructure and critical functions that the workforce uses to stay informed on an ever-changing regulatory landscape.
We are updating this tool regularly, and aim to provide comprehensive, accurate, and up-to-date information as possible.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce State-by-State Business Reopening Guidance - available here.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Dashboard on COVID-19 Government Policies - available here.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Unemployment Claims Amid Coronavirus: A State-by-State Analysis
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Letter to the President - available here.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Shelter in Place Guidance - available here.
- Multiassociation Letter to the National Governors Association Urging Uniform Model Guidance to Help Recognize Essential Businesses and Employees - available here.
- Splunk COVID-19 Dashboard - available here.
- White House Coronavirus (COVID-19) Task Force - https://www.coronavirus.gov/.
- CISA Information & Updates on COVID-19 - https://www.cisa.gov/coronavirus.
- Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce (Version 3.0 and Version 2.0).
- DOD Guidance on Defense Industrial Base ECIW - available here.
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Issues Financial Services Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker Guidance.
- National Governors Association - https://www.nga.org/coronavirus/.
- Your State At A Glance - https://healthcareready.org/covid19/map/.
- Coronavirus response myths/facts: Fema.gov/coronavirus-rumor-control
- NBEOC Coronavirus dashboard: Fema.connectsolutions.com/nbeoc
- FEMA dashboard for private sector buyers and sellers of PPE: fema.connectsolutions.com/ppeexchange
- Report Incidents, Phishing, Malware, or Vulnerabilities
- Activity Alert on COVID-19 Exploited by Malicious Cyber Actor
- Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) 3.0 Interim Telework Guidance
- Defending Against COVID-19 Cyber Scams
- CISA Telework Guidance and Resources
- National Cyber Awareness System Alerts
- CISA COVID Action Team - CISA.CAT@cisa.dhs.gov
- FEMA National Business Emergency Operations Center - NBEOC@max.gov
- FEMA COVID-19 Supplies - firstname.lastname@example.org or visit fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help
In the News
- Press Release (April 7) - U.S. Chamber of Commerce Calls for Uniform Approach to Identify Essential Workers and Functions.
- Alton Daily News - U.S. Chamber Push for Documentation for Essential Workers.
- Bloomberg Law - Chamber Cites ‘Urgent Need’ to Resolve Patchwork of Virus Orders.
- Inside Cybersecurity - CISA’s role in COVID-19 crisis rooted in years of work with critical infrastructure partners.