With the holiday shopping season kicking off this week, our supply chain expert explains why people are worried about getting gifts in time and what is being done to make sure they do.
- Congress Must Fund Semiconductor Legislation to Bolster Innovation and Supply ChainsCOVID-19 accelerated demand for semiconductor chips, overwhelming supply and bringing supply chain challenges into sharp focus.
- A Business Guide to Security and ResilienceTips and advice to help keep businesses running during natural disasters, supply chain disruptions, cyber attacks, and other emergencies.
- Reducing Supply Chain Dependence on Single SourceCountries can improve their economy and production by reducing supply chain dependence on a single country or source.
Resilient, efficient, and secure supply chains are essential to commerce, our economy, and people’s standard of living. Protecting supply chains from interruptions—from security threats and economic volatility to production issues and workforce shortages—is crucial to keeping goods flowing. The U.S. can ease these risks by diversifying supply chains and building up reserves of critical products. We work closely with government to make sure that policy recommendations protect the private sector while avoiding punitive approaches, new barriers to trade, and one-size-fits-all fixes.
As society pushes for a more inclusive business world, enterprise leaders should consider the importance of diversifying their supply chains.
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Nov 23, 20217 Questions About the Impact of Supply Chain Shortages on Holiday Shopping With the holiday shopping season kicking off this week, our supply chain expert explains why people are worried about getting gifts in time and what is being done to make sure they do.
- Nov 22, 2021Congress Must Fund Semiconductor Legislation to Bolster Innovation and Supply Chains COVID-19 accelerated demand for semiconductor chips, overwhelming supply and bringing supply chain challenges into sharp focus.
- Jul 29, 2021Supply Chain Issues, Worker Shortages Impacted Economic Growth in Q2 The BEA released the GDP numbers for the Q2 showing the economy grew only 6.5% from April to June – here's why we are missing the mark.
- Jan 21, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Pete Buttigieg to be Secretary of Transportation This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, on the Nomination of Pete Buttigieg to be Secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Apr 14, 2020Success in Fighting COVID-19 Depends on U.S.-Mexico Cooperation on Essential Industries The U.S. and Mexico should work immediately to align as closely as possible around the CISA guidance to keep supply chains in tact.
- Mar 11, 2020U.S. Chamber Letter on the Impact of Coronavirus on America's Small Business Supply Chain This Hill letter was sent to the Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship, on the hearing entitled, “The Coronavirus and America’s Small Business Supply Chain.”
- Dec 06, 2019Coalition Comment Letter on "Securing the Information and Communications Technology and Services Supply Chain" This Coalition Comment letter was sent to the Department of Commerce, asking for an extension request for public comments.
- Jun 17, 2019Letter to Appropriations Committee in Support of Supplemental Funding for CBP As stakeholders interested in the activities of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at land, sea, and air ports-of-entry (POEs) around the globe, we urge you to support the Administration’s request for supplemental appropriations to cover CBP operations for the remainder of this fiscal year.