The Chamber's Asia Department gives voice to policies that help American companies compete and prosper in Asia's dynamic marketplace. Our expertise allows companies to actively shape policy debates in Asian countries and in Washington. The Chamber helps companies gain greater access to senior government officials and corporate representatives in a way few organizations can.
- Oct 20, 2021USJBC White Paper on ESG Principles This paper identifies a set of common principles that illustrate the robust foundation for deepening cooperation between the U.S. and Japan on ESG matters. The USJBC will be leveraging this document to help ensure that the private sector has a seat at the table in the rapidly moving ESG policy debate in Japan, the U.S., and globally.
- Oct 07, 2021The 58th Annual U.S.-Japan Business Conference The U.S.-Japan Business Council (USJBC) and Japan-U.S. Business Council (JUBC) held the 58th U.S.-Japan Business Conference on Tuesday, October 5 and Wednesday, October 6 Eastern Time, with the theme, “Building a Sustainable Future: A Blueprint for the U.S.-Japan Leadership.”
- Sep 30, 2021Comments on Pakistan's Data Protection Bill
- Sep 23, 2021Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) facilitates trade and investment in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sep 21, 2021U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council Hosts Bangladesh Prime Minister H.E. Sheikh Hasina on the Sidelines of United Nations General Assembly WASHINGTON, D.C. — On the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly meetings, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council hosted a Virtual Business Roundtable with Bangladesh Prime Minister Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina and over 30 senior executives from U.S. and Bangladesh business community.
- Sep 16, 2021Global Task Force on Pandemic Response Provides Critical Support to Southeast Asia’s Diagnostic Capacity in its Battle Against COVID-19 WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Global Task Force on Pandemic Response (GTF), a public-private partnership of major U.S. companies organized by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce with support from Business Roundtable, announced today that it will help strengthen Indonesia and Southeast Asia’s diagnostic capacity as they continue to battle against major COVID-19 outbreaks.
- Sep 15, 2021Comments on Japan's AI Governance Guidelines
- Aug 31, 2021Chamber Response to Australia's Consultation Paper on Strengthening Australia’s Cyber Security Regulations and Incentives The Chamber submitted comments to the Australia's Department of Home Affairs Consultation Paper on Strengthening Australia’s Cyber Security Regulations and Incentives.
- Aug 24, 2021U.S. Chamber China Center Advisory Board Welcomes Meeting with USTR Katherine Tai Pledges Cooperation to Support U.S. Workers, Advance Innovation, and Strengthen the U.S. Economy WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Chamber China Center Advisory Board met this morning with USTR Katherine Tai to discuss the state of U.S.-China economic and commercial relations and exchange views on the opportunities and challenges for American business with China.