The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Sep 15, 2021First Lady Jill Biden Speaks at Launch of Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Economic Empowerment Zone Focused on Remote Work WASHINGTON, DC — As the leader in identifying and providing solutions to military spouse un- and under-employment, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes has launched a new initiative focused on remote work opportunities.
- Sep 15, 2021Meet the 3 Small Businesses Competing for 2021 Small Business of the Year Each of the three finalists for Small Business of the Year exemplify the spirit of innovation, entrepreneurship, and individual initiative.
- Sep 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on Reconciliation This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives opposing reconciliation.
- Sep 15, 2021September 15 OSD COVID Conference Call Notes This is conducted under Chatham House Rule and not for attribution. Names and affiliations here are for the sake of context and for internal use only. Industrial Policy: An email will go out from industrial policy requesting info on your upcoming events. They are working with A&S to work on a request from the secretaries’ office to develop an industry engagement plan. They want to be aware of upcoming opportunities; we will share this email with you when we receive it.
- Sep 15, 2021Tax Basics for Businesses From corporate taxes to pandemic-related relief, taxes have a significant impact on the performance of every business. Here’s a guide to important tax issues for businesses.
- Sep 15, 2021A Business Guide to Security and Resilience Plan ahead for natural disasters, supply chain disruptions, and cyberattacks to keep your business running during a crisis.
- Sep 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Foundation Launches Coalition for Afghan Refugee Employment in the U.S. The Coalition will connect Afghan refugees to jobs as they arrive and resettle in America
- Sep 15, 2021Liability and Lawsuits: What Business Owners Need to Know Part of running a successful business is taking on the risk of litigation. Protect your business from liability and lawsuits with this quick guide.
- Sep 15, 2021Comments on Japan's AI Governance Guidelines
- Sep 15, 2021How Infrastructure Impacts Business Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to staying competitive globally. Here's a guide for businesses to the current state of infrastructure in the U.S.