The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Rebuilding America: The Next Phase of InfrastructureInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Sep 14, 2021Coalition Letter on Western Water Provisions in Bipartisan Infrastructure Package This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives on Western water provisions of the bipartisan infrastructure package.
- Sep 14, 2021A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Here’s how diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
- Sep 14, 2021Small Business Owners More Cautious About Future Plans as Delta Variant Cases Rise, New Poll Shows WASHINGTON, D.C. — With the Delta variant causing a rise in COVID-19 cases, small business owners are showing increasing caution when it comes to future plans for hiring and investing in their business, according to a poll taken July 16 – 30, 2021, and released today by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and MetLife.
- Sep 14, 2021Applications Now Open for the Coalition to Back Black Businesses 2021 Grant Program On its second year, the Coalition will award about $2.8 million in total grants and resources to more than 400 Black small business owners to support their financial recovery and long-term growth
- Sep 13, 2021U.S. Chamber Strongly Opposes House Democrats’ Reconciliation Tax Proposal WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley released the following statement today after House Democrats released text of their reconciliation tax proposal:
- Sep 13, 2021Keith Webster to participate in the Joint Chief of Staff's Industry Day On Wednesday, September 22, Keith Webster, President of DAEC, will participate in the Joint Chief of Staff's Industry Day at the Smart Center at Joint Base Andrews. The Vice Chairman has announced an Industry Day to discuss the Joint Force’s work on the Joint Warfighting Concept and in the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC). It will consist of briefings by senior Joint Staff leaders, and be held at the SECRET//NOFORN level. Gen Hyten plans to deliver opening remarks and take questions.
- Sep 13, 2021COVID-19 Trackers and Dashboards As the Delta variant of COVID-19 spreads, states may update mask, travel, and other guidance.
- Sep 13, 2021Defense Security Cooperation University to host Keith Webster, President of DAEC, as Guest Speaker On Wenesday, October 27 at 3:00PM EST, Keith Webster, President of the Defense and Aerospace Export Council (DAEC) will participate in Defense Security Cooperation University's (DSCU) Intermediate Managing Major International Acquisition Competitions (MIAC) course as a guest speaker. Additional information on the MIAC course can be found here.
- Sep 13, 2021House Budget Proposals Include Labor & Employment Policies The week of September 6, House committees began releasing text covering their respective issue areas under the budget reconciliation process. In particular, proposals emerged from the House Ways and Means and the House Education and Labor Committees. Observers of labor policy believe these proposals have, to at least some degree, undergone a “preconference” process with the corresponding Senate committees.
- Sep 13, 2021The Massive Budget Reconciliation Bill is Not a Climate Bill, It’s an Everything But the Kitchen Sink Collection of Bad Policies We will not find durable solutions in a bill that's more than twice the combined budgets of all 50 states.