Deep Dives on Workforce Data
Time to Advance with Africa: Seizing Opportunities with a Vital Continent
As Africa expands its place in the world economy, its stakes for U.S. geopolitical interests will only rise. Here’s how the U.S. Chamber is engaging and advancing with Africa this year, to make a difference in Africa and at home.
By Scott Eisner
Chamber OnDemand: Watch Our Newest Programming for Businesses
Business Community Response to the Invasion of Ukraine
- Statement: Business Community Response to Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis“The American business community is here to help,” said U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne P. Clark.
- Aid Tracker: Humanitarian Crisis in UkraineThe business community is mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and community resources to assist.
- On the Digital Front Lines: How Tech Companies are Supporting UkraineAmerican tech companies are leveraging their resources to assist Ukraine and defend its sovereignty against Russian aggression.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- Security and ResiliencePath Forward Special UpdateTuesday, August 1602:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- International47th India Ideas SummitTuesday, September 06 - Wednesday, September 0712:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Dec 16, 2021Many U.S. Construction Contractors are Turning Down Work Because They Don't Have Enough Workers
The vast majority of contractors report moderate to high levels of difficulty finding skilled labor, leading them to turn down work, according to a recent U.S. Chamber poll.
- Dec 16, 2021Commercial Construction Recovery Stalls as Contractors Struggle to Find Workers, Materials
Rising costs, skilled labor shortages, and lack of materials continue to create challenges for the construction industry, sending the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Commercial Construction Index down one point this quarter to 65.
- Dec 15, 2021Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned Businesses
This report outlines current proposals that have been or could be introduced in policymaking channels that would help drive economic equality and create solutions that could serve as building blocks of success through improved access to capital for entrepreneurs of color.
- Dec 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Commercial Construction Index - Q4 2021
A majority of contractors report high difficulty finding skilled workers, up from 55% who said the same last quarter. Almost all contractors are experiencing at least one product shortage, up 24 points from a year ago.
- Dec 15, 2021Poll Data Shows Strong Support for Sen. Sinema, Opposition to Reconciliation
New polling data reports that Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema has a favorable rating among the state's voters, and that voters are solidly opposed to the reconciliation bill.
- Dec 14, 20215 Reasons People Are Changing Careers More Than Ever Before
A new U.S. Chamber poll shows 41% of people are looking to switch industries for their next job. But the reasons why they want to change careers aren’t what you might expect.