The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Rebuilding America: The Next Phase of InfrastructureInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Sep 13, 2021Travel and Tourism: What Businesses Need to Know Now The pandemic has had a significant impact on both business travel and leisure travel. Here’s what businesses need to know about travel beyond COVID-19.
- Sep 13, 2021Wall Street Journal: Congressional Democrats Want to Weaponize Federal Labor Law By Michael J. Lotito and Glenn SpencerSept. 12, 2021 4:24 pm ET
- Sep 13, 2021INFO//Force Health Protection Guidance (Supplement 23) - Department of Defense Guidance for Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination Attestation and Screening Testing for Unvaccinated Personnel The DoD released Force Health Protection Guidance on Supplement 23 (hyperlinked below) which will impact your contractor employees working in DoD facilities as soon as next week. Specifically, in accordance with the White House Safer Federal Workforce Task Force directed safety measures, attestation of an individual’s status as fully vaccinated, or presentation of a recent negative COVID-19 test will be a condition of physical access to DoD facilities. Components are required to publish any necessary supplemental instructions and begin im
- Sep 13, 2021New Poll Shows Small Businesses Turning More Cautious The Q3 2021 MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index (SBI) finds that small business owners are increasingly cautious.
- Sep 13, 2021Tech Policies that Help Small Businesses Thrive Operating a small business during the pandemic is undoubtedly difficult but technology is helping companies stay afloat and thrive by adopting new business models.
- Sep 12, 2021U.S. Chamber Statement on the Death of Former Chairman John Ruan III Washington, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne Clark issued the following statement after the passing of John Ruan III, Chairman of Ruan Transportation Management Systems: "John Ruan III was a respected business leader in Iowa and the transportation industry, a generous philanthropist, and a dear friend to many across the American business community.
- Sep 12, 2021U.S. Chamber's Suzanne Clark on the Passing of John Ruan III Washington, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne Clark issued the following statement after the passing of John Ruan III, Chairman of Ruan Transportation Management Systems:
- Sep 10, 2021Don’t Lose the Forest Through the Trees: Tax Hikes Will Harm the Economy and American Workers The tax hikes Congress is considering tax will greatly weaken our economy, which will reduce job creation and wage growth for Americans.
- Sep 10, 2021Waters Advocacy Coalition (WAC) Recommendations on Waters of the United States (WOTUS) The Waters Advocacy Coalition (“WAC” or “Coalition”) provides these recommendations in response to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (“EPA’s”) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ (“Corps’”) notice soliciting pre-proposal feedback on defining “waters of the United States” (“WOTUS”) under the Clean Water Act (“CWA”).
- Sep 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Calls on Administration to Review Water Rule Decision Chuck Chaitovitz, Vice President for Environmental Affairs and Sustainability at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, issued the following statement regarding next steps on the Navigable Waters Protection Rule.