American job creators help workers provide for their families and lead healthy, secure, and fulfilling lives. The Chamber advocates for federal and state-level policies that improve the business climate and drive economic growth while providing opportunities for workers to thrive.
The U.S. Chamber works with leaders at the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, Congressional committees, and state legislatures to protect opportunities for independent contractors, promote needed immigration reforms to welcome global talent to the American workforce, and preserve every American’s right to work.
Small business advice from CO—
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion3rd Annual National Summit on Equality of OpportunityThursday, October 0603:00 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- Apr 26, 2022Beyond Belief
Does Current Law Require “Card-Check” Union Recognition?
- Apr 14, 2022NLRB General Counsel Seeks to Limit Free Speech
The General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board recently issued a memorandum, announcing that she will ask the Board to find that meetings at which employers express their views on union organizing are a violation of the National Labor Relations Act. Here’s why this could impede on free speech.
- Apr 01, 2022A Union Wins at Amazon – With a Little Help
After a months-long campaign, a labor union that had been attempting to organize an Amazon facility in Staten Island, NY came out ahead in a representation election. Here’s why this is just one step in a very long process.
- Mar 31, 2022Federal Contractor Vaccine Mandate Lacks Authority
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused major disruptions to both our economy and every day life. Yet despite all the changes, some of which may be with us even after the pandemic has eased, there are bedrock principles that remain and are vital to how our country functions.
- Mar 24, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on Proposed Amendments to Agriculture Acquisition Regulations; 87 Fed. Reg. 9005
This letter was sent to Mr. Crandall Watson, Chief, Procurement Policy Division, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Mar 23, 2022Ahead of the Union Election at Amazon, NLRB Files Questionable Petition
On March 17, a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Regional Director filed a petition in federal court seeking an injunction under Section 10(j) of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). Here is why this curiously timed petition is raising red flags.
- Mar 22, 2022The Pregnant Workers Fairness Act: A Balanced Bill That Should be Enacted
The bill would provide pregnant employees with critical workplace protections while also making sure employers have the flexibility and clarity on how to provide those workers with the maximum opportunity to remain in their workplaces.