American job creators help workers provide for their families and lead healthy, secure, and fulfilling lives. The Chamber advocates for federal and state-level policies that improve the business climate and drive economic growth while providing opportunities for workers to thrive.
The U.S. Chamber works with leaders at the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, Congressional committees, and state legislatures to protect opportunities for independent contractors, promote needed immigration reforms to welcome global talent to the American workforce, and preserve every American’s right to work.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Aug 25, 2022Data Deep Dive: Supporting and Hiring Individuals with Disabilities and Neurodivergence
Despite ADA protections, federal tax incentives, and private sector opportunity programs, millions of individuals with disabilities looking for work remain unemployed.
- Aug 23, 2022DC Mayor Signs Ban on Non-Competes into Law
After hearing concerns about the broad scope of the Ban on Non-Compete Agreement Act of 2020, multiple amendments to the legislation were introduced. Here's what this means for D.C. employers.
- Aug 01, 2022California’s Independent Contractor Law Worsens the Supply Chain Crisis
As the nation endures an ongoing supply chain crisis, the situation has become much direr thanks to a disastrous California law.
- Jul 26, 2022U.S. Chamber, United Way Worldwide Unveil Joint Report to Combat Human Trafficking
Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and United Way Worldwide unveiled a joint report to combat human trafficking.
- Jul 26, 2022Business and Philanthropic Sectors Are Leading Anti-Human Trafficking Initiatives
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and United Way Worldwide produced the report Trust by Performance: Uniting Business and Philanthropy Against Trafficking to commemorate World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, held each year on July 30.
- Jul 26, 2022Uniting Business and Philanthropy Against Trafficking
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and United Way Worldwide partnered to develop a report which highlights the importance of strategic philanthropic investments to combat human trafficking.
- Jul 14, 2022NLRB General Counsel Asks the Board to Overrule Longstanding Precedents
The current National Labor Relations Board majority is being pushed to overturn longstanding labor precedents – some that have been in place 75 years – at the behest of their General Counsel, Jennifer Abruzzo.
- Jun 21, 2022California’s AB 257 Would Make It Much Harder and More Expensive for Restaurant Owners to Operate
At a time when economic headwinds like record inflation are making it increasingly difficult for businesses, a proposal like AB 257 would make it much harder—and more expensive—for restaurant owners to operate.
- Jun 20, 2022OFCCP Abolishes Attorney-Client Privilege Protection for Pay Audits
The OFCCP put out a new enforcement directive abolishing the longstanding tradition of allowing contractors to protect self-conducted audits as attorney-client work-product. Here's how that will impact contractors.