The Strategic Advocacy division is comprised of several major policy divisions within the Chamber including theCyber, Space, and National Security Division; Economic Policy Division; Employment Policy Division; and Small Business Policy Division. Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure Policy are also under the umbrella of the Policy Group.
The division works closely with the Chamber's Congressional and Public Affairs and Political Affairs and Federation Relations divisions.
- Aug 23, 2022Inflation Is Creating a ‘Perfect Storm’ of Challenges for Small Business Owners
Small business owners across the nation say the effects of inflation are hitting the service industry hard.
- Aug 22, 2022U.S. Chamber Comments: National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program Proposed Rulemaking
Attached are the U.S. Chamber's comments regarding the Federal Highway Administration's notice of proposed rulemaking. This notice pertains to the implementation of the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program created under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- Aug 19, 2022Understanding America’s Labor Shortage
In 2021, businesses added an unprecedented 3.8 million jobs. But at the same time, workforce participation remains below pre-pandemic levels, meaning we have 3.4 million fewer Americans working today compared to February of 2020.
- Aug 11, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter to the House on the Inflation Reduction Act
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, opposing the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Aug 10, 2022Coalition Letter on Food Packaging and PFAS
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, on an amendment offered to S. 4348, the “Food and Drug Administration Safety and Landmark Advancement Act," related to food packaging and PFAS.
- Aug 05, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the Inflation Reduction Act
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, opposing the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Aug 05, 2022Coalition Letter on the Inflation Reduction Act
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, with 253 state and local chambers of commerce and national trade associations, opposing the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Aug 04, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on S.J.Res.55
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting S.J.Res.55.
- Aug 02, 2022New Study Shows Technology Platforms Critical to Small Business Growth
Small businesses that utilize technology platforms are outperforming their peers and are more optimistic about the future.
- Aug 01, 2022It’s the Worst Possible Time to Consider Raising Taxes on Small Businesses
Additional taxes cut into a small business’s needed cash reserves—the No. 1 source of funding for small businesses and entrepreneurs during challenging times.