The Policy Group is comprised of several major policy divisions within the Chamber including the Cyber, Intelligence, and Security Division; Economic Policy Division; Employment Policy Division; and Small Business Policy Division. Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure Policy are also under the umbrella of the Policy Group.
The Policy Division works closely with Congressional and Public Affairs and Political Affairs and Federation Relations.
- Jan 11, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Renomination of David Weil for the Department of Labor This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions regarding the renomination of David Weil to be the Administrator of the Wage and Hour Division (WHD) at the Department of Labor.
- Jan 10, 2022Quantifying the Nation’s Workforce Crisis – State of American Business 2022 Update We examine the current state of the American workforce and the monumental challenges employers are facing across the country.
- Jan 07, 2022H-2B Coalition Letter to Sec. Mayorkas & Sec. Walsh
- Jan 07, 2022AB-5 Sponsor Calls It Quits California Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, the author of California’s independent contractor legislation known as AB-5, has resigned to work for the California Labor Federation (CLF).
- Jan 06, 2022Ransomware: 10 Important Questions for Businesses Answered Businesses are increasingly being targeted for ransomware attacks, paying millions of dollars per year to cybercriminals to recover stolen data. Our cybersecurity experts break down what businesses need to know about ransomware, including what to do if your business is attacked.
- Dec 22, 2021U.S. Chamber Comments on Expanding Free At-home COVID-19 Testing These comments were sent to Members of the United States Congress on expanding free at-home COVID testing.
- Dec 20, 2021Coalition Letter on the Resilient AMERICA Act This Coalition letter was sent to leadership of the U.S. House of Representatives, urging consideration of H.R. 5689, the “Resilient Assistance for Mitigation for Environmentally Resilient Infrastructure and Construction by Americans (AMERICA) Act."
- Dec 16, 2021Commercial Construction Recovery Stalls as Contractors Struggle to Find Workers, Materials Rising costs, skilled labor shortages, and lack of materials continue to create challenges for the construction industry, sending the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Commercial Construction Index down one point this quarter to 65.
- Dec 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the Direction of the Federal Trade Commission This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress on the direction and actions of the Federal Trade Commission.