The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Nov 10, 2021Why Selling Your Business Might Get Harder Proposed antitrust legislation could impact the ability of everyone from individual entrepreneurs to multi-million-dollar companies to be acquired.
- Nov 10, 2021Phasing Down HFCs and Cracking Down on Illegal Trade is Critical to Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions The U.S. will take to steps to detect and prevent the illegal trade in HFCs.
- Nov 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Seeks Information on Budget, Economy, and Inflation Impacts of Reconciliation Bill The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today sent a letter to Members of Congress, requesting they seek a complete accounting of the budgetary and economic impacts of the current reconciliation bill.
- Nov 10, 20214 Factors Driving Food Price Inflation Food prices are on the rise as inflation issues persist due to labor shortages, supply chain blockages, soaring energy costs, and other issues.
- Nov 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the Reconciliation Legislation's Budgetary Impact This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress, on the budgetary impact of H.R. 5376, the reconciliation bill.
- Nov 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 3197, the "Platform Competition and Opportunity Act of 2021" This Hill letter was sent to Members of the United States Senate opposing S. 3197, the "Platform Competition and Opportunity Act of 2021." This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard.
- Nov 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Foundation Receives More Than $6 Million to Help Solve America’s Workforce Challenges The funding will support innovative workforce initiatives aimed at filling open jobs, closing the skills gap, and fueling America’s economic recovery
- Nov 10, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Announces Finalists for 11th Annual Hiring Our Heroes Awards Recognizing Employers and Individuals That Have Gone Above and Beyond to Hire, Retain, and Empower Our Nation's Veterans and Military Spouses
- Nov 10, 2021The Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill: Fact vs. Fallacy The infrastructure bill makes a record investment in our nation’s infrastructure, but despite its popularity, many still have questions about what exactly is in the legislation Congress passed and sent to the President’s desk. Here, we share the facts and debunk the fallacies about the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.