Let's Rebuild America
Infrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority.
President Biden signed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act into law on November 15, 2021. Its enactment will boost America’s global competitiveness and improve the quality of life of all Americans. It will help connect 14 million Americans to broadband, provide clean drinking water for 10 million families, upgrade our energy grid, and grow our economy. It is the single largest investment in bridges since construction of the Interstate Highway System and the single largest investment in innovation, efficiency, and resiliency to address climate change in U.S. history.
How it happened
Since the start of the year, the U.S. Chamber has engaged in a nine-month blitz of advocacy, advertising, and grass roots organizing to urge the passage of the $1.2 trillion bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
The infrastructure bill makes a record investment in our nation’s infrastructure, but despite its popularity, many still have questions about what exactly is in the legislation Congress passed and sent to the President’s desk. Here, we share the facts and debunk the fallacies about the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- Oct 01, 2021U.S. Chamber Statement on House Failure to Vote on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill U.S. Chamber Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley issued the following statement today after the U.S. House of Representatives failed to vote on the bipartisan infrastructure bill:
- Sep 30, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on H.R. 3684, "Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act" This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 3684, the "Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act."
- Sep 29, 2021What’s at Stake if the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill Fails Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will rebuild America and turbocharge economic growth.
- Sep 21, 2021Let’s Not Miss This Unprecedented Opportunity to Modernize our Water Infrastructure Across our nation and around the world, water is essential for life. Public health, energy, food, and economic growth all rely on sustainable supplies of clean water.
- Sep 20, 2021How 7 States Will Benefit from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill Here’s a closer look at some of the lesser-known benefits.
- Sep 15, 2021How Infrastructure Impacts Business Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to staying competitive globally. Here's a guide for businesses to the current state of infrastructure in the U.S.
- Sep 14, 2021Coalition Letter on Western Water Provisions in Bipartisan Infrastructure Package This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives on Western water provisions of the bipartisan infrastructure package.
- Aug 30, 202110 Reasons Why the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Benefits All Americans Here are the top 10 ways the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will benefit all Americas.
- Aug 24, 2021U.S. Chamber Vows to Defeat Reconciliation, Hails Voting Deadline for Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Suzanne Clark issued the following statement after the House voted to adopt the rule that would “deem and pass” the Senate budget resolution while allowing consideration of the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- Aug 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Applauds Senate for Passing Infrastructure Legislation, Urges House to Continue Bipartisan Progress WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Suzanne Clark issued the following statement after the Senate passed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.