Spotlight On: Jobs and Hiring
November Jobs Report Paints Confusing Picture of Labor Market
By Curtis Dubay
Why Businesses Are Taking on the Role of Educators
By Sean Ludwig
4 Ways Employers Can Improve Recruiting and Retention
A new poll shows many unemployed workers are not actively looking for work. From offering hybrid work schedules to investing in reskilling and upskilling training, here are four ways employers can improve their recruiting and retention practices.
By Thaddeus Swanek
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
How Businesses Are Helping Solve Black Unemployment
By Richard Hartnett
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- EnergyInnovates: Methane—Tackling that 'Other' GasThis virtual discussion will cover both the policy discussion in Washington, as well as the operational progress being made to reduce methane emissions.
- Third Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThis summit will explore the first six months of the new dialogue between the U.S. and EU, the state of the transatlantic relationship, and the role of business, government, and other stakeholders in shaping the path forward.
- Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesFeaturing policymakers, business leaders, and entrepreneurs, this program will highlight and examine policy proposals that promote access to capital, financial empowerment, and pathways to opportunity for minority entrepreneurs.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Sep 14, 2021Applications Now Open for the Coalition to Back Black Businesses 2021 Grant Program On its second year, the Coalition will award about $2.8 million in total grants and resources to more than 400 Black small business owners to support their financial recovery and long-term growth
- Sep 13, 2021U.S. Chamber Strongly Opposes House Democrats’ Reconciliation Tax Proposal WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley released the following statement today after House Democrats released text of their reconciliation tax proposal:
- Sep 13, 2021Keith Webster to participate in the Joint Chief of Staff's Industry Day On Wednesday, September 22, Keith Webster, President of DAEC, will participate in the Joint Chief of Staff's Industry Day at the Smart Center at Joint Base Andrews. The Vice Chairman has announced an Industry Day to discuss the Joint Force’s work on the Joint Warfighting Concept and in the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC). It will consist of briefings by senior Joint Staff leaders, and be held at the SECRET//NOFORN level. Gen Hyten plans to deliver opening remarks and take questions.
- Sep 13, 2021COVID-19 Trackers and Dashboards As the Delta variant of COVID-19 spreads, states may update mask, travel, and other guidance.
- Sep 13, 2021Defense Security Cooperation University to host Keith Webster, President of DAEC, as Guest Speaker On Wenesday, October 27 at 3:00PM EST, Keith Webster, President of the Defense and Aerospace Export Council (DAEC) will participate in Defense Security Cooperation University's (DSCU) Intermediate Managing Major International Acquisition Competitions (MIAC) course as a guest speaker. Additional information on the MIAC course can be found here.
- Sep 13, 2021House Budget Proposals Include Labor & Employment Policies The week of September 6, House committees began releasing text covering their respective issue areas under the budget reconciliation process. In particular, proposals emerged from the House Ways and Means and the House Education and Labor Committees. Observers of labor policy believe these proposals have, to at least some degree, undergone a “preconference” process with the corresponding Senate committees.
- Sep 13, 2021The Massive Budget Reconciliation Bill is Not a Climate Bill, It’s an Everything But the Kitchen Sink Collection of Bad Policies We will not find durable solutions in a bill that's more than twice the combined budgets of all 50 states.
- Sep 13, 2021Travel and Tourism: What Businesses Need to Know Now The pandemic has had a significant impact on both business travel and leisure travel. Here’s what businesses need to know about travel beyond COVID-19.
- Sep 13, 2021Wall Street Journal: Congressional Democrats Want to Weaponize Federal Labor Law By Michael J. Lotito and Glenn SpencerSept. 12, 2021 4:24 pm ET
- Sep 13, 2021INFO//Force Health Protection Guidance (Supplement 23) - Department of Defense Guidance for Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination Attestation and Screening Testing for Unvaccinated Personnel The DoD released Force Health Protection Guidance on Supplement 23 (hyperlinked below) which will impact your contractor employees working in DoD facilities as soon as next week. Specifically, in accordance with the White House Safer Federal Workforce Task Force directed safety measures, attestation of an individual’s status as fully vaccinated, or presentation of a recent negative COVID-19 test will be a condition of physical access to DoD facilities. Components are required to publish any necessary supplemental instructions and begin im