Worldwide trade in counterfeit and fake goods amounts to more than $500 billion annually. With the holiday shopping season kicking off, here are some ways to #ShopSmart and avoid fake products.
Spotlight On: Small Business
Department of Labor’s Independent Contractor Proposal Takes Aim at Broad Array of Sole Proprietors
The Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division’s recently proposed regulation redefines how to classify employees and independent contractors under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Here's what businesses across industries need to know.
By Marc Freedman
Growing Our Economy Via Trade
Chamber OnDemand Highlights: Keeping Businesses Informed
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- WorkforceTalent ForwardThursday, December 0801:00 PM EST - 03:00 PM EST
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow: Certifying Your BusinessThursday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Aug 24, 2022
Each month Women Taking the Lead highlights a female leader within the U.S. Chamber membership to showcase how women are currently leading in all areas of the business community. In August, we are highlighting the importance of passing the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act in a conversation with Colleen Litkenhaus, Senior Director for Dow Inc. Read more about Colleen in her own words below.