To compete in an increasingly complex and interconnected world, technology and digital innovation are vital. Tech-based industries like biotech, space, fintech, and artificial intelligence pioneer the solutions that improve lives, solve problems, and advance society. They also provide the digital tools that help traditional businesses grow, stay connected, and compete around the globe.
Technology In Focus at the CEO Summit of the Americas
- Google CEO: How to Grow Economic Opportunity Through Digital SkillsSundar Pichai, CEO of Google, shared how the private sector can grow economic opportunities for entrepreneurs through technology and digital skills.Watch now
- Leveraging Digital Tools for Growth in the AmericasExperts from the Americas convened at the Fourth CEO Summit of the Americas to discuss how digital tools have created new business growth opportunities.Watch now
- Nick Clegg: The Metaverse’s Future Impact on the Global EconomyNick Clegg of Meta explains how the metaverse is the next step in internet evolution, as well as how it’s changing the digital landscape and global economy.Watch now
4 Actions Congress Must Take to Accelerate Access and Adoption of Smart Broadband Programs
As the business community continues to innovate and connect people across the country, broadband access, adoption, and affordability must remain key priorities for Congress.
- Three Priorities to Keep America’s Innovative EdgeCongress must pass a bipartisan innovation and competition package to sustain our technological leadership.Learn More
- How Tech Companies are Supporting UkraineAmerican tech companies are leveraging their resources, capabilities, and expertise to assist Ukraine and defend its sovereignty against Russian aggression.Learn More
- It's Time to Get Serious About National Data Privacy LegislationCongress needs to act quickly and appropriately on a national data privacy standard to ensure that American businesses and consumers are not harmed by a patchwork of state laws.Learn More
Americans Need Clear Data Protections
Congress must take action on a national data privacy standard before a patchwork of state privacy laws erodes small business competition and innovation.
Today, nearly every company, no matter what business they're in, is in some way powered by technology. The U.S. Chamber’s Technology Engagement Center fosters the transformational role that technology plays in business and society. Our work helps businesses in every industry leverage technology to optimize their businesses, serve their customers, and boost growth and productivity. To spur innovation and support emerging industries, we advocate for rational and cohesive policies in the states and in Washington.
How the Federal Trade Commission Is Addressing Important Tech Issues
Here's how the FTC is working to address several important technology issues, including data privacy, artificial intelligence, and ongoing process changes.
Small business advice from CO—
- TechnologyFuture of Data in K-12 Education Report Release WebinarTuesday, March 2801:00 PM EDT - 02:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Health CareFrom Communities Around the Country: Opportunities to Improve Mental HealthTuesday, March 2801:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience Through Private-Public Partnerships ConferenceTuesday, July 25 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 06:00 PM EDT
In healthcare, practitioners are exploring exciting ways that VR can assist patients and health providers to achieve better treatments and outcomes.
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the House Committee on Appropriations on the Fiscal Year 2023 Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations bill.
Fintech experts across the field shared their perspectives on AI regulation at the U.S. Chamber AI Commission's field hearing in London on June 13, 2022. Here's what they had to say.
Our team broke down everything you need to know about the current state of broadband funding and the Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) program.
While the White House has rightly pushed back against Europe’s Digital Markets Act, Congress is considering similar legislation with the American Innovation and Choice Online Act – which would limit competition in the tech industry.
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, opposing S. 2992, the "American Innovation and Choice Online Act."
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation and the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, on potential national data privacy legislation.
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, and the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, supporting a reauthorization of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Artificial intelligence experts say policymakers, technologists, and business leaders must work together to ensure that the benefits of artificial intelligence are spread to all, while unintended harms are mitigated.