The Policy Group is comprised of several major policy divisions within the Chamber including the Cyber, Intelligence, and Security Division; Economic Policy Division; Employment Policy Division; and Small Business Policy Division. Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure Policy are also under the umbrella of the Policy Group.
The Policy Division works closely with Congressional and Public Affairs and Political Affairs and Federation Relations.
- Dec 07, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 3311 and Zombie Voting at the FTC
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, supporting S. 3311, a bill relating to the practice of "Zombie Voting" at the Federal Trade Commission.
- Dec 07, 2021Here’s What You Need to Know About the CFPB’S Small Business Data Collection
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is preparing to collect new data from small businesses applying for credit. The new requirements come with privacy concerns and could make access to credit costlier.
- Dec 06, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter Supporting the Rosenworcel Nomination to be FCC Chair
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting the nomination of Jessica Rosenworcel to be Chair of the Federal Communications Commission.
- Dec 06, 20216 Questions About the Impact of Noncompete Agreements on Businesses and Employees
Noncompete agreements are under fire, with the FTC considering limits or bans on them. Our employment policy expert breaks down the current state of play and answers some common questions business and employees have about these widely misunderstood contracts.
- Dec 03, 2021November Jobs Report Paints Confusing Picture of Labor Market
The November jobs report showed a huge miss on the number of jobs added but an increase in people entering the workforce. Our economic policy expert breaks down the data and explains why there may be cause for optimism.
- Dec 03, 2021The NLRB’s Amazon Antics II
- Dec 02, 2021Coalition Letter on Federal Contractors and the National Defense Authorization Act
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, opposing an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) related to potential debarment of federal contractors.
- Dec 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Poll of Unemployed Americans Indicates Worker Shortage Crisis Unlikely to Ease
Large portions of the previously employed indicate that they are not actively looking for work and may not return to the workforce for six months or more
- Dec 01, 2021Coalition Comments on Deriving Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCL) Goals for PFOA and PFOS
Coalition comments on EPA's Science Advisory Board’s November 16, 2021 release of the proposed approaches to deriving maximum contaminant levels (MCL) goals for PFOA and PFOS, for quantifying the benefits of establishing MCLs for these two substances, and for assessing mixtures of PFAS under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Dec 01, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on Trade Priorities
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the House Committee on Ways and Means on trade priorities.