The Policy Group is comprised of several major policy divisions within the Chamber including the Cyber, Intelligence, and Security Division; Economic Policy Division; Employment Policy Division; and Small Business Policy Division. Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure Policy are also under the umbrella of the Policy Group.
The Policy Division works closely with Congressional and Public Affairs and Political Affairs and Federation Relations.
- Aug 31, 2021Back to the Future at the NLRB After approximately four years with a Republican majority, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) on August 27 added a new member, David Prouty, whose addition to the Board changed control of it to a 3-2 Democratic majority.
- Aug 31, 2021A Policy Patchwork: Paid Sick Leave
- Aug 31, 2021Chamber Response to Australia's Consultation Paper on Strengthening Australia’s Cyber Security Regulations and Incentives The Chamber submitted comments to the Australia's Department of Home Affairs Consultation Paper on Strengthening Australia’s Cyber Security Regulations and Incentives.
- Aug 31, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 2417, the “Credit Access and Inclusion Act of 2021” This Hill letter on S. 2417, the “Credit Access and Inclusion Act of 2021” was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Aug 30, 202110 Reasons Why the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Benefits All Americans Here are the top 10 ways the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will benefit all Americas.
- Aug 27, 2021Comments to DOL on Increasing the Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors Read the comments to Jessica Looman, Principal Deputy Administrator of the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division, regarding the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking with respect to Increasing the Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors.
- Aug 27, 2021Testimony to DOL's ERISA Advisory Council on Gaps in Retirement Savings On August 27, the Chamber's Vice President of Retirement Policy, Chantel Sheaks, testified to the 2021 Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Benefit Plans on Gaps in Retirement Savings Based on Race, Ethnicity and Gender.
- Aug 26, 2021The NLRB’s Amazon Antics Back in June, this blog discussed a seemingly innocuous remark by the then-acting General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Peter Sung Ohr, as he discussed the representation election at Amazon’s Bessemer, Alabama, facility during an interview with Bloomberg News.
- Aug 25, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter Requesting Extension of Comment Period for Recommendations on the "Navigable Waters Protection Rule" The U.S. Chamber of Commerce requests that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Army Corps of Engineers grant at least a 60-day extension of the period for receiving written recommendations about your plans to consider revising the rule “The Navigable Waters Protection Rule: Definition of “Waters of the United States” (the “NWPR”).
- Aug 23, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the Budget Resolution This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives opposing S. Con. Res. 14, the budget resolution.