The Policy Group is comprised of several major policy divisions within the Chamber including the Cyber, Intelligence, and Security Division; Economic Policy Division; Employment Policy Division; and Small Business Policy Division. Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure Policy are also under the umbrella of the Policy Group.
The Policy Division works closely with Congressional and Public Affairs and Political Affairs and Federation Relations.
- Dec 14, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Alan Davidson to be Administrator of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the United States Senate on the nomination of Alan Davidson to be Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Communications and Information and Administrator of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- Dec 14, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter to the Senate on the Fiscal Year 2022 National Defense Authorization Act
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, on the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022.
- Dec 14, 2021Small Business Index Reaches Pandemic-Era High as Small Business Optimism Overcomes Uncertainty
Small business owners’ optimism around hiring and investment plans led to a pandemic-era high score of 63 for the MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index. At the same time, 74% of small business owners are concerned about the impact of inflation.
- Dec 13, 2021Small Business Owners Are Optimistic Despite Labor Shortages and Supply Chain Challenges Ahead of the Holidays
More than three in four small business owners are optimistic about the future of their business, according to a new U.S. Chamber poll, but supply chain disruptions persist.
- Dec 09, 2021Comments to Department of the Treasury on Canadian Proposal to Enact a Retroactive Digital Services Tax (DST)
These Comments were submitted to the Department of the Treasury, on a Digital Services Tax in Canada.
- Dec 07, 2021The States Suffering Most from the Labor Shortage
Job openings are up. Labor force participation is down. Quit rates are at a record high. Amid the worsening labor shortage crisis, these are the states being impacted the most.
- Dec 07, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the Fiscal Year 2022 National Defense Authorization Act
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, on the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022.