The Strategic Advocacy division is comprised of several major policy divisions within the Chamber including theCyber, Space, and National Security Division; Economic Policy Division; Employment Policy Division; and Small Business Policy Division. Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure Policy are also under the umbrella of the Policy Group.
The division works closely with the Chamber's Congressional and Public Affairs and Political Affairs and Federation Relations divisions.
- Mar 02, 2022Spiraling Inflation Is Small Businesses’ Top Concern According to New Survey
Inflation is, by far, the top concern for small businesses in Q1 2022, according to new data from a MetLife & U.S. Chamber of Commerce report.
- Mar 02, 2022Coalition Letter on Recycling Legislation
This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works supporting recycling legislation.
- Mar 02, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Gigi Sohn to be a Commissioner of the FCC
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation opposing the nomination of Gigi Sohn to be a Commissioner of the FCC.
- Mar 02, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on FERC Pipeline Policy Hearing
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources in advance of a hearing on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s pipeline certification policy.
- Mar 02, 2022Labor Unions Aim to Ban Informational Meetings at Amazon
The Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union has filed unfair labor practice charges with the NLRB before the re-run union election at the Amazon facility in Alabama has finished. The RWDSU is seeking to restrict informational meetings by employers and overturn decades of well-settled labor law, bumping up against employer free speech rights.
- Mar 01, 2022Econ 101: Inflation is Caused by Supply and Demand
Many are blaming price increases on businesses padding their bottom lines, but high inflation has clear causes that are easily identifiable and broadly known.
- Mar 01, 2022What Business Wants to Hear from President Biden
Here’s what the business community hopes to hear from President Biden's 2022 State of the Union address.
- Mar 01, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Dr. Kathryn Huff for Department of Energy
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources supporting the nomination of Dr. Kathryn Huff to serve as Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy at the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Feb 28, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on H.R. 6416, H.R. 6580, and H.R. 6796
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce's Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Commerce, on H.R. 6416, the “Banning Surveillance Advertising Act of 2022,” H.R. 6580, the “Algorithmic Accountability Act,” and H.R. 6796, the “Digital Services Oversight and Safety Act of 2022."
- Feb 25, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on 2022 Water Policy Priorities
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, Members of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and Members of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce on the Chamber’s Water Policy Priorities for 2022.