America has the most innovative, dynamic, and resilient economy in history—our tax system should strengthen our economy, not undermine it. The U.S. Chamber promotes a tax system that allows taxpayers and business owners to make smart decisions about how they work, save, and invest. Low tax rates and a stable tax code allow businesses to grow the economy, create jobs for Americans, and invest for the future while supporting communities and society at large through tax revenues.
- A Business Guide to the U.S. EconomyWhat business owners need to know about the current state of the U.S. economy, including how the pandemic, labor shortage, and other trends are impacting performance.
- Finance and Financial Regulation Basics for BusinessesThe basics of financing and financial regulations for businesses, including sources of financing, government regulators, and the role of financial institutions.
- Small Business Would Be Hit Hard by Corporate Tax IncreaseThere are 1.4 million small businesses, employing about 13 million Americans, that would end up paying the higher rate.
The U.S. Chamber works with our partners in government and fights for tax policies that will help American businesses succeed at home, compete abroad, and attract global businesses to our shores.
The American Rescue Plan includes initiatives to help small employers, including expanded COVID-19 vaccine tax credits and a streamlined PPP forgiveness portal.
Small business advice from CO—
- Climate ChangeEnergyInnovates: Methane—Tackling that 'Other' GasThursday, December 0210:00 AM EST - 11:00 AM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionU.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's MBA Case Competition 2021Thursday, December 0202:00 PM EST - 03:30 PM EST
- Health CareAdvancing Equity in Health: Improving Access to Primary CareFriday, December 0312:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Oct 04, 2021The Biden Administrations’ Plan to Raise our Global Minimum Tax and Apply Another Makes No Sense The Biden administration is so eager to raise taxes on businesses that it is trying raise our existing global minimum tax while simultaneously imposing another, redundant global minimum tax. Both policies are misguided. Raising taxes on U.S. multinational businesses will hurt American workers through fewer jobs and lower wages. And it makes no sense to make our existing minimum tax worse before potentially levying another minimum tax.
- Oct 01, 2021All Reconciliation Tax Hikes Are Harmful – A Sampling of the Worst Congress is working to significantly raise taxes on businesses, workers and American families to fund the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill.
- Sep 29, 2021Comments to IRS on Remote Notorization Read our comments to the Internal Revenue Service on Permanent Relief for Remote Witnessing Procedures.
- Sep 22, 2021U.S. Chamber Launches Television Advocacy Campaign Against $3.5 Trillion Reconciliation Bill The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today launched a six-figure paid advertising campaign in opposition to the $3.5 trillion plus reconciliation bill that poses a significant threat to the American economy.
- Sep 16, 2021Capital Gains Proposals Will Harm U.S. Competitiveness and Job Creation Key Takeaways:
- Sep 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on Reconciliation This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives opposing reconciliation.
- Sep 15, 2021Tax Basics for Businesses From corporate taxes to pandemic-related relief, taxes have a significant impact on the performance of every business. Here’s a guide to important tax issues for businesses.
- Sep 13, 2021U.S. Chamber Strongly Opposes House Democrats’ Reconciliation Tax Proposal WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley released the following statement today after House Democrats released text of their reconciliation tax proposal:
- Sep 13, 2021The Massive Budget Reconciliation Bill is Not a Climate Bill, It’s an Everything But the Kitchen Sink Collection of Bad Policies We will not find durable solutions in a bill that's more than twice the combined budgets of all 50 states.
- Sep 10, 2021Don’t Lose the Forest Through the Trees: Tax Hikes Will Harm the Economy and American Workers The tax hikes Congress is considering tax will greatly weaken our economy, which will reduce job creation and wage growth for Americans.