Spotlight On: FTC Overreach
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- EnergyInnovates: Methane—Tackling that 'Other' GasThis virtual discussion will cover both the policy discussion in Washington, as well as the operational progress being made to reduce methane emissions.
- Third Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThis summit will explore the first six months of the new dialogue between the U.S. and EU, the state of the transatlantic relationship, and the role of business, government, and other stakeholders in shaping the path forward.
- Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesFeaturing policymakers, business leaders, and entrepreneurs, this program will highlight and examine policy proposals that promote access to capital, financial empowerment, and pathways to opportunity for minority entrepreneurs.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Jan 11, 2017Europe’s Shortsighted Digital Future The European Commission unveiled the last major package of its Digital Single Market initiative, unfortunately the proposal misses the mark.
- Jan 11, 2017S. Con. Res. 3, Concurrent Budget Resolution for Fiscal Year 2017 TO THE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES SENATE: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce supports S. Con. Res. 3, the concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for fiscal year 2017, as an initial step toward making critical improvements to the American health care system.
- Jan 11, 2017Coalition for Derivatives End-Users - Support for Passage of Congressman Lucas' Inter-affiliate Swap Transaction Relief in H.R. 238, the Commodity End-User Relief Act Re: End-User Support for Passage of Congressman Lucas’ Inter-affiliate Swap Transaction Relief in H.R. 238, the Commodity End-User Relief Act TO THE MEMBERS OF THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:
- Jan 11, 2017H.R. 238, the "Commodity End-User Relief Act" This letter supporting H.R. 238, the “Commodity End-User Relief Act” was sent to all Members of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Jan 11, 2017Why Faster Economic Growth Must Be America's Top Priority U.S. Chamber President and CEO Tom Donohue released the American Growth Agenda to accelerate economic growth.
- Jan 11, 2017ROC Challenges DOL Nominee with Factually Challenged Report A labor front group known as the Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) United released a politically-motivated “report” on January 10...
- Jan 11, 2017Chao Poised to Influence Self-Driving, Connected Vehicle Rules if Confirmed ...must “utilize flexible and rational guidance approach that aligns with the realities of the innovation development and testing process.”
- Jan 11, 20172017 State of American Business Address U.S. Chamber President Tom Donohue's remarks on the State of American Business as prepared for delivery on January 11, 2017.
- Jan 11, 2017U.S. Chamber President: Economic Growth Must Be Nation’s Top Priority Business Community Optimistic, Realistic, and Ready for Meaningful Reform to Reignite Spirit of American EnterpriseWASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue said today in his annual “State of American Business” address that fostering stronger, faster, and more broadly shared economic growth must be the top priority for the nation’s leaders.
- Jan 10, 2017H.R. 78, the "SEC Regulatory Accountability Act," and H.R. 79, the "Helping Angels Lead Our Startups Act" TO THE MEMBERS OF THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce supports H.R. 78, the “SEC Regulatory Accountability Act,” and H.R. 79, the “Helping Angels Lead Our Startups Act.” Taken together, these bills would hold the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and its rulemaking process more accountable to the American public, and allow angel investors to continue to play an important role in the economy.