The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Rebuilding America: The Next Phase of InfrastructureInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Jan 27, 2017How Do We Get the Economy the Fuel It Needs to Grow? “We’ve cut off the fuel supply--and guess what—America’s economic engine is sputtering.”
- Jan 27, 2017Brady Pitches Tax Reform to the Business Community A fruitful debate over implementing a pro-growth tax code has begun.
- Jan 27, 2017Michigan Chamber Chief Backs DeVos to Run Education Department “Betsy DeVos will be great for kids!” said Michigan Chamber of Commerce president and CEO Richard Studley
- Jan 27, 2017Multi-Association Letter to Congressional Leadership Supporting CRA of FCC Broadband Privacy Rule Dear Speaker Ryan, Majority Leader McConnell, Leader Pelosi and Leader Schumer:
- Jan 27, 2017Restarting the Growth Engine: Reforming Capital Markets to Revitalize Our Economy Remarks by Thomas J. Donohue, President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Illinois Chamber of CommerceChicago, Ill. Introduction Good morning ladies and gentlemen. It’s wonderful to be here in Chicago among so many friends and business leaders.
- Jan 27, 2017U.S. Chamber’s Donohue Starts Nationwide Conversation, Urges Lawmakers to Make Economic Growth a Priority Outlines a Pro-Growth Agenda, Focuses on the Importance of a Strong Financial Services Sector at Event in Chicago
- Jan 26, 2017Union Membership Drops in 2016 The Bureau of Labor Statistics on January 26 released its annual estimate of union membership in the United States...
- Jan 26, 2017U.S. Chamber Launches U.S.-UK Business Council Will Amplify Voice of U.S. Business Community as UK Charts New Course
- Jan 25, 2017Video Series: Giving A Voice To Tomorrow The Achieving Tomorrow’s Voices project is a creative video campaign that highlights the importance of joint success in education.
- Jan 25, 2017Multi-Association Letter to Hill Leadership Urging CRA Resolution for EPA Risk Management Program (RMP) Rule Dear Congressional Leaders: