The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Rebuilding America: The Next Phase of InfrastructureInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Jan 25, 2017Why My Small Business–And Millions More–Are Counting on Regulatory Reform It's hard to overstate how beneficial regulatory reform legislation would be to small businesses like mine.
- Jan 24, 2017President Trump Revives Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines We now have an administration that is serious about putting American energy to work for the entire economy
- Jan 24, 2017U.S. Chamber Applauds Long-Awaited Attention to American Energy Infrastructure WASHINGTON, D.C.—Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for 21st Century Energy, issued the following statement today regarding President Trump’s announced Executive Orders on accelerating infrastructure:
- Jan 24, 2017How One Startup Helps Groupon, Other Retailers Keep Returns Out of the Trash Optoro has helped companies of all sizes keep returned and excess inventory out of the junkyard. How? By getting it into the right hands.
- Jan 24, 2017Why Employer-Sponsored Coverage Has to Be Protected 155 million people under 65 years old—almost two-thirds--get their health coverage through an employer.
- Jan 23, 2017The State of American Business: Modernizing Transportation Infrastructure America's past and present successes are tied to the ability to move people and goods.
- Jan 20, 2017Welcome to the Neighborhood, President Trump The business community looks forward to working with the newly elected president and the new Congress to advance shared priorities.
- Jan 19, 2017On His Way Out Obama Again Gums up the Works for the Dakota Access Pipeline The Army Corps of Engineers intends to prepare an environmental impact statement on the Dakota Access Pipeline.