Small Business Index
The quarterly MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index found that concern for inflation among small business owners has reached a new high. The vast majority (90%) of small businesses say they are concerned about the impact of inflation on their business.
Celebrating Small Business: The Dream Big Awards
Start. Run. Grow. Week - October 18, 2022
The Dream Big Award winners will be announced at the CO— Start. Run. Grow. Week, a celebration of the challenges and achievements of small business owners across the country. We’ll connect you with your peers to share real-world strategies on some of the most complex issues facing small businesses. Additionally, we will bring in subject-area experts who will help you gain fresh insights on the ever-shifting economy, and share ideas about leadership, management, and resilience as a small business owner.
OnDemand Highlights: Global Aerospace Summit
The American Data Privacy and Protection Act needs to provide certainty to businesses and consumers, not a confusing new patchwork.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce measures our success by what we deliver for you—our members. We believe in the power of the American business community to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society—and for 110 years, we have helped you do it.
How Inflation Is Impacting Businesses
U.S. and Mexican Business Leaders’ Input on the Upcoming U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue
The business community on both sides of the border supports the U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue (HLED) to ensure the most competitive North America possible.
By Guillermo Vogel
Indo-Pacific Economic Flourishing? Making a Success of IPEF
By John G. Murphy
Why the U.S.-Chile Tax Treaty Should be Ratified Immediately
By John G. Murphy
- Security and Resilience
Public-Private Collaboration on Display at Israel Cyber Week
By Christophe Blassiau
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Sep 15, 2021What Businesses Need to Know About Federal Contracting
Here’s what businesses need to know about becoming a federal contractor, bidding on projects, the impact of COVID-19 on federal contracts, and more.
- Sep 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Welcomes 12 New Members to Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed 12 new executives to its Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 (CCC100).
These experienced leaders advise the U.S. Chamber’s board of directors, enhance lobbying and coalition work, recommend programming, and strengthen outreach to the business and chamber communities.
- Sep 14, 2021OMB meeting specific to mandated vaccination requirements for contractors
OMB Call September 14th 2021, regarding EO for vaccines—"Path out of Pandemic Plan”
Guidance for Federal Contractors:
- Sep 14, 2021A Business Guide to the U.S. Economy
What business owners need to know about the current state of the U.S. economy.
- Sep 14, 2021A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here’s how diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
- Sep 14, 2021Small Business Owners More Cautious About Future Plans as Delta Variant Cases Rise, New Poll Shows
WASHINGTON, D.C. — With the Delta variant causing a rise in COVID-19 cases, small business owners are showing increasing caution when it comes to future plans for hiring and investing in their business, according to a poll taken July 16 – 30, 2021, and released today by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and MetLife.
- Sep 14, 2021Applications Now Open for the Coalition to Back Black Businesses 2021 Grant Program
On its second year, the Coalition will award about $2.8 million in total grants and resources to more than 400 Black small business owners to support their financial recovery and long-term growth
- Sep 13, 2021U.S. Chamber Strongly Opposes House Democrats’ Reconciliation Tax Proposal
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley released the following statement today after House Democrats released text of their reconciliation tax proposal:
- Sep 13, 2021Keith Webster to participate in the Joint Chief of Staff's Industry Day
On Wednesday, September 22, Keith Webster, President of DAEC, will participate in the Joint Chief of Staff's Industry Day at the Smart Center at Joint Base Andrews. The Vice Chairman has announced an Industry Day to discuss the Joint Force’s work on the Joint Warfighting Concept and in the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC). It will consist of briefings by senior Joint Staff leaders, and be held at the SECRET//NOFORN level. Gen Hyten plans to deliver opening remarks and take questions.
- Sep 13, 2021COVID-19 Trackers and Dashboards
As the Delta variant of COVID-19 spreads, states may update mask, travel, and other guidance.