More on the Debt Limit
Applications Are Open Now: America's Top Small Business 2023
Are you America's Top Small Business? We're looking for small businesses nationwide that are driving economic growth and stimulating their local communities and economies. Apply now for this annual award and your chance to win $25,000!
Spotlight on Small Business
- Small Business
Small Businesses Are Wary, Resilient Amid Inflation, Credit Concerns
By Thomas M. Sullivan
Small Business Exporters Fuel Jobs, Growth in America’s Heartland
All across America, small and medium-sized exporters are flourishing, selling their products to international customers, gaining market share—and creating jobs. Here are three of them.
By Thaddeus Swanek
- Employment Policy
NLRB Takes on Free Speech Yet Again
By Glenn Spencer
It's Time to Secure Our Borders and Expand Legal Immigration
The situation at the border is chaos. Our immigration system fails to meet the needs of businesses and imposes significant costs on communities and our economy.
By Jon Baselice
Chamber OnDemand Highlights: Navigating Business in 2023
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
We believe in the power of business to improve society and create a brighter future for people, communities, and our country.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.Learn More
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.Learn More
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.Learn More
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.Learn More
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- International48th Annual India Ideas SummitTuesday, June 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Doing Business with Big BusinessesThursday, June 2212:00 PM EDT - 12:30 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience ConferenceWednesday, July 26 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.Learn More
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.Learn More
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.Learn More
As the Delta variant of COVID-19 spreads, states may update mask, travel, and other guidance.
On Wenesday, October 27 at 3:00PM EST, Keith Webster, President of the Defense and Aerospace Export Council (DAEC) will participate in Defense Security Cooperation University's (DSCU) Intermediate Managing Major International Acquisition Competitions (MIAC) course as a guest speaker.
Additional information on the MIAC course can be found here.
The week of September 6, House committees began releasing text covering their respective issue areas under the budget reconciliation process. In particular, proposals emerged from the House Ways and Means and the House Education and Labor Committees. Observers of labor policy believe these proposals have, to at least some degree, undergone a “preconference” process with the corresponding Senate committees.
We will not find durable solutions in a bill that's more than twice the combined budgets of all 50 states.
The pandemic has had a significant impact on both business travel and leisure travel. Here’s what businesses need to know about travel beyond COVID-19.
By Michael J. Lotito and Glenn Spencer
Sept. 12, 2021 4:24 pm ET
The DoD released Force Health Protection Guidance on Supplement 23 (hyperlinked below) which will impact your contractor employees working in DoD facilities as soon as next week. Specifically, in accordance with the White House Safer Federal Workforce Task Force directed safety measures, attestation of an individual’s status as fully vaccinated, or presentation of a recent negative COVID-19 test will be a condition of physical access to DoD facilities. Components are required to publish any necessary supplemental instructions and begin im
The Q3 2021 MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index (SBI) finds that small business owners are increasingly cautious.
Operating a small business during the pandemic is undoubtedly difficult but technology is helping companies stay afloat and thrive by adopting new business models.
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne Clark issued the following statement after the passing of John Ruan III, Chairman of Ruan Transportation Management Systems:
"John Ruan III was a respected business leader in Iowa and the transportation industry, a generous philanthropist, and a dear friend to many across the American business community.