Small Business Index
The quarterly MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index found that concern for inflation among small business owners has reached a new high. The vast majority (90%) of small businesses say they are concerned about the impact of inflation on their business.
Celebrating Small Business: The Dream Big Awards
Start. Run. Grow. Week - October 18, 2022
The Dream Big Award winners will be announced at the CO— Start. Run. Grow. Week, a celebration of the challenges and achievements of small business owners across the country. We’ll connect you with your peers to share real-world strategies on some of the most complex issues facing small businesses. Additionally, we will bring in subject-area experts who will help you gain fresh insights on the ever-shifting economy, and share ideas about leadership, management, and resilience as a small business owner.
OnDemand Highlights: Global Aerospace Summit
The American Data Privacy and Protection Act needs to provide certainty to businesses and consumers, not a confusing new patchwork.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce measures our success by what we deliver for you—our members. We believe in the power of the American business community to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society—and for 110 years, we have helped you do it.
How Inflation Is Impacting Businesses
U.S. and Mexican Business Leaders’ Input on the Upcoming U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue
The business community on both sides of the border supports the U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue (HLED) to ensure the most competitive North America possible.
By Guillermo Vogel
Indo-Pacific Economic Flourishing? Making a Success of IPEF
By John G. Murphy
Why the U.S.-Chile Tax Treaty Should be Ratified Immediately
By John G. Murphy
- Security and Resilience
Public-Private Collaboration on Display at Israel Cyber Week
By Christophe Blassiau
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- WorkforceTPM National Learning Network Summit Fall 2022Monday, September 26 - Tuesday, September 2705:30 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- EconomyState of American Business: ChicagoThursday, September 2906:30 AM EDT - 09:00 AM EDT
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Dec 02, 2021Poll data shows strong support for Manchin
- Dec 01, 2021Sen. Sanders’ Amendment Would Send Semiconductor Investment Overseas
America's share of global semiconductor manufacturing capacity has dropped from 37% to 12% since 1990. If Congress fails to fund the CHIPS Act, this trend will continue.
- Dec 01, 2021Middle Market Business Index - Q4 2021
- Nov 30, 2021NEW – Updated Poll: The COVID-19 Unemployed
- Nov 30, 2021Supercharge the Global Economy: Unlocking the Power of Women Entrepreneurs
Trade will continue to drive prosperity, innovation and opportunity around the world. We need a global initiative to make it easier for women to reap these benefits.
- Nov 29, 20214 Ways Employers Can Improve Recruiting and Retention
A new poll shows many unemployed workers are not actively looking for work. From offering hybrid work schedules to investing in reskilling and upskilling training, here are four ways employers can improve their recruiting and retention practices.
- Nov 23, 2021How Businesses Are Helping Solve Black Unemployment
Employment levels for Black Americans are up compared to where they were at the height of the pandemic, but they still lag those of other ethnic groups. Here’s how businesses are adapting their hiring and training practices to help solve Black unemployment
- Nov 23, 2021The Reason Behind High Gas Prices — and Why Some Commonly Proposed “Solutions” Won’t Help
Gas prices are up 61% year-over-year, and they could rise higher. Here’s why gas prices are up — and why most of the solutions suggested by politicians to lower them won’t work.