How Worker Shortages Continue to Cripple Summer Attractions
Severe labor shortages are hitting seasonal summer businesses like pools and amusement parks hard. Despite upping pay and offering big bonuses, there are few applicants.
The MetLife and U.S. Chamber Small Business Index celebrates five years this quarter, Q2 2022. We take a look at its highs and lows, major trends, and what the future holds for small businesses.
Watch Again: Summit of the Americas Highlights
- International Trade & Investment
President Biden: The Importance of Unlocking Economic Potential in the Americas
At the IV CEO Summit of the Americas, President Biden made the case that nations of the Americas needed to work together to unlock more economic potential.
Expanding the Workforce
Business Community Response to the Invasion of Ukraine
- Statement: Business Community Response to Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis“The American business community is here to help,” said U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne P. Clark.
- Aid Tracker: Humanitarian Crisis in UkraineThe business community is mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and community resources to assist.
- On the Digital Front Lines: How Tech Companies are Supporting UkraineAmerican tech companies are leveraging their resources to assist Ukraine and defend its sovereignty against Russian aggression.
Chamber OnDemand: Watch Our Newest Programming for Businesses
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- EconomyPanel Discussion: Confronting Organized Retail CrimeThursday, July 1403:30 PM EDT - 04:45 PM EDT
- Climate Change11th Annual Building Resilience Through Private-Public Partnerships ConferenceThursday, July 28 - Friday, July 2909:00 AM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Jan 24, 2017U.S. Chamber Applauds Long-Awaited Attention to American Energy Infrastructure
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for 21st Century Energy, issued the following statement today regarding President Trump’s announced Executive Orders on accelerating infrastructure:
- Jan 24, 2017How One Startup Helps Groupon, Other Retailers Keep Returns Out of the Trash
Optoro has helped companies of all sizes keep returned and excess inventory out of the junkyard. How? By getting it into the right hands.
- Jan 24, 2017Why Employer-Sponsored Coverage Has to Be Protected 155 million people under 65 years old—almost two-thirds--get their health coverage through an employer.
- Jan 23, 2017The State of American Business: Modernizing Transportation Infrastructure America's past and present successes are tied to the ability to move people and goods.
- Jan 20, 2017Welcome to the Neighborhood, President Trump The business community looks forward to working with the newly elected president and the new Congress to advance shared priorities.
- Jan 19, 2017On His Way Out Obama Again Gums up the Works for the Dakota Access Pipeline The Army Corps of Engineers intends to prepare an environmental impact statement on the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Jan 19, 2017Trump Could Be a Hero to Retirement Savers The Labor Department didn't provide enough time to implement the most significant and complex retirement regulation in decades.
- Jan 18, 2017What We Learned from Prime Minister Theresa May about the Future of the UK It was the clearest sign yet that the UK is heading for a “hard Brexit,” or what May termed a “clean Brexit.”
- Jan 18, 2017Myanmar (Burma)