The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Apr 12, 2021South LA Café Owners Committed to Vaccine Equity and Healthy Food Access South LA Café had just opened in 2019, and revenue was growing every month, when the COVID-19 pandemic hit in March 2020 and sales dropped by 50%.
- Apr 12, 2021Coalition Letter to Congress on CRA Disapproval of the EEOC's “Update of Commission's Conciliation Procedures" This coalition letter was sent to the Congressional leaders, opposing use of the Congressional Review Act to disapprove the “Update of Commission's Conciliation Procedures” finalized by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Apr 12, 2021Comments to DOL re: Rescission of Joint Employer Status Under the Fair Labor Standards Act Rule Ms. Jessica LoomanPrincipal Deputy AdministratorWage and Hour DivisionU.S. Department of Labor200 Constitution Ave., N.W.Washington, DC 20210 By electronic submission: www.regulations.gov RE: Rescission of Joint Employer Status Under the Fair Labor Standards Act Rule,RIN 1235 –AA37, 86 Fed. Reg. 14038 (March 12, 2021) Dear Ms. Looman:
- Apr 12, 2021Response to European Commission Consultation on a Proposed Digital Levy The Chamber appreciates the Commission’s commitment to robust economic recovery efforts. We believe, however, that any measures contemplated should not run directly counter to the aim of a multilateral negotiation to which the EU has committed itself. We therefore strongly encourage the EU to focus its efforts on reaching a consensus at OECD level, to refrain from pursuing any such a measure while those negotiations are ongoing, and to avoid adopting any additional levy above and beyond what is agreed at the OECD.
- Apr 12, 2021Comments to DOL re: Independent Contractor Status Under the Fair Labor Standards Act: Withdrawal Ms. Jessica LoomanPrincipal Deputy AdministratorWage and Hour DivisionU.S. Department of Labor200 Constitution Ave., N.W.Washington, DC 20210 By electronic submission: www.regulations.gov RE: Independent Contractor Status Under the Fair Labor Standards Act:Withdrawal ; RIN 1235 –AA34; 86 Fed. Reg. 14027 (March 12, 2021) Dear Ms. Looman:
- Apr 12, 2021We Need the US Chamber and Every Ally We Have to Stop Big Labor Christian Josi, veteran of international center-right politics penned this Op-Ed to Townhall.com urging action on the PRO Act.
- Apr 12, 2021The Path Forward: Expert Panelists Answer Your COVID-19 Questions A group of five experts hosted live “Ask Me Anything” sessions answering questions about COVID-19.
- Apr 12, 2021Amazon Workers Vote Against Organizing The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) on April 9 announced the results of a union representation election at Amazon’s distribution facility in Bessemer, Alabama, which had been widely anticipated by observers of labor policy. After tallying 3,051 ballots from approximately 5,876 eligible voters, the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU) emerged with 738 votes in favor of representation versus 1,798 against.
- Apr 12, 2021COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs Here’s what you need to know about the process, the expected timelines, and what it means for you.
- Apr 09, 2021ILR and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Partner with Howard Law School for New Fellowship, Scholarships ILR and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation have partnered with Howard University School of Law to launch a pilot project for the 2021-22 academic year that includes up to three U.S.