Spotlight On: Jobs and Hiring
November Jobs Report Paints Confusing Picture of Labor Market
By Curtis Dubay
Why Businesses Are Taking on the Role of Educators
By Sean Ludwig
4 Ways Employers Can Improve Recruiting and Retention
A new poll shows many unemployed workers are not actively looking for work. From offering hybrid work schedules to investing in reskilling and upskilling training, here are four ways employers can improve their recruiting and retention practices.
By Thaddeus Swanek
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
How Businesses Are Helping Solve Black Unemployment
By Richard Hartnett
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- EnergyInnovates: Methane—Tackling that 'Other' GasThis virtual discussion will cover both the policy discussion in Washington, as well as the operational progress being made to reduce methane emissions.
- Third Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThis summit will explore the first six months of the new dialogue between the U.S. and EU, the state of the transatlantic relationship, and the role of business, government, and other stakeholders in shaping the path forward.
- Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesFeaturing policymakers, business leaders, and entrepreneurs, this program will highlight and examine policy proposals that promote access to capital, financial empowerment, and pathways to opportunity for minority entrepreneurs.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Dec 08, 2021U.S. Chamber Statement on Biden's Executive Order on Federal Government Climate Initiatives WASHINGTON, D.C. — Marty Durbin, senior vice president of policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, issued the following statement in response to President Biden's Executive Order on federal government climate initiatives:
- Dec 08, 2021States Already Have Money for More Childcare Support, But They Can’t Give It to Families Talk in Washington right now on childcare is all centered on the reconciliation bill, but states were given $39 billion for childcare as part of the American Rescue Plan that they are unable to use freely, leaving working parents without relief.
- Dec 07, 2021The States Suffering Most from the Labor Shortage Job openings are up. Labor force participation is down. Quit rates are at a record high. Amid the worsening labor shortage crisis, these are the states being impacted the most.
- Dec 07, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the Fiscal Year 2022 National Defense Authorization Act This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, on the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022.
- Dec 07, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 3311 and Zombie Voting at the FTC This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, supporting S. 3311, a bill relating to the practice of "Zombie Voting" at the Federal Trade Commission.
- Dec 07, 2021Here’s What You Need to Know About the CFPB’S Small Business Data Collection The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is preparing to collect new data from small businesses applying for credit. The new requirements come with privacy concerns and could make access to credit costlier.
- Dec 06, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter Supporting the Rosenworcel Nomination to be FCC Chair This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting the nomination of Jessica Rosenworcel to be Chair of the Federal Communications Commission.