How Worker Shortages Continue to Cripple Summer Attractions
Severe labor shortages are hitting seasonal summer businesses like pools and amusement parks hard. Despite upping pay and offering big bonuses, there are few applicants.
Watch Again: Summit of the Americas Highlights
- International Trade & Investment
President Biden: The Importance of Unlocking Economic Potential in the Americas
At the IV CEO Summit of the Americas, President Biden made the case that nations of the Americas needed to work together to unlock more economic potential.
Expanding the Workforce
Business Community Response to the Invasion of Ukraine
- Statement: Business Community Response to Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis“The American business community is here to help,” said U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne P. Clark.
- Aid Tracker: Humanitarian Crisis in UkraineThe business community is mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and community resources to assist.
- On the Digital Front Lines: How Tech Companies are Supporting UkraineAmerican tech companies are leveraging their resources to assist Ukraine and defend its sovereignty against Russian aggression.
Chamber OnDemand: Watch Our Newest Programming for Businesses
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- Health Care9th Annual Health Summit: The Business of HealthTuesday, June 2811:30 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow. Growing a Team During the Workforce ShortageWednesday, June 2912:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- TechnologyTecTalk with Alan Davidson, NTIA AdministratorThursday, June 3011:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Feb 10, 2017How to Restore Reasonable Broadband Privacy Regulations
Congress using the Congressional Review Act is the quickest, most efficient way to undo the FCC’s rules.
- Feb 10, 2017U.S. Chamber Welcomes Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and its affiliate, the U.S.-Japan Business Council (USJBC), today hosted Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe for a roundtable discussion with U.S. business executives. U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue welcomed Prime Minister Abe and praised his commitment to a strong economic partnership between the two countries.
- Feb 10, 2017Roundtable Discussion with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
THOMAS J. DONOHUE
President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
It is my privilege to welcome back to the U.S. Chamber His Excellency, Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan. Mr. Prime Minister, we were honored to host you here at the Chamber during your official state visit in 2015. And we thank you for making time to join us again today.
- Feb 10, 2017The US Economy 2017 – Past, Present, and Threats to the Future President Trump may not appreciate his good luck.
- Feb 09, 2017Here’s How Obamacare’s Devastating Medical Device Tax Killed 28,000 Jobs The tax went into effect in 2013 but was suspended in December 2015.
- Feb 09, 2017U.S. Chamber Kicks Off #LetsGrow Tour in Arizona, Showcases Efforts to Promote Economic Growth
Event in Phoenix Focuses on Efforts to Build the Economy, Promote Innovation within the State
- Feb 08, 2017U.S. Chamber Applauds Final Approval for the Dakota Access Pipeline
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for 21st Century Energy, issued the following statement today regarding the Army Corps of Engineers' decision to grant the final easement for the Dakota Access Pipeline:
- Feb 08, 2017U.S. Still at Top of the Heap for IP Protection The GIPC index looks at IP standards in 45 countries.
- Feb 08, 2017U.S. Chamber Releases Index on World IP Policies
New Research Reveals Trends in 45 Economies Around the World
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today released its 5th annual International IP Index, “The Roots of Innovation,” rating 45 world economies on patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, enforcement, and international treaties. The economies benchmarked in the 2017 Index account for 90 percent of global gross domestic product (GDP).
- Feb 07, 2017Army Corps Ready to Grant Easement to Finish Dakota Access Pipeline The drama over the energy infrastructure project could soon come to an end