Deep Dives on Workforce Data
Time to Advance with Africa: Seizing Opportunities with a Vital Continent
As Africa expands its place in the world economy, its stakes for U.S. geopolitical interests will only rise. Here’s how the U.S. Chamber is engaging and advancing with Africa this year, to make a difference in Africa and at home.
By Scott Eisner
Chamber OnDemand: Watch Our Newest Programming for Businesses
Business Community Response to the Invasion of Ukraine
- Statement: Business Community Response to Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis“The American business community is here to help,” said U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne P. Clark.
- Aid Tracker: Humanitarian Crisis in UkraineThe business community is mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and community resources to assist.
- On the Digital Front Lines: How Tech Companies are Supporting UkraineAmerican tech companies are leveraging their resources to assist Ukraine and defend its sovereignty against Russian aggression.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- International47th India Ideas SummitTuesday, September 06 - Wednesday, September 0712:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- WorkforceTPM National Learning Network Summit Fall 2022Monday, September 26 - Tuesday, September 2705:30 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Jun 15, 2017Data Centers: Jobs & Opportunities in Communities Nationwide With 6 million jobs and 2.5 million job openings, America’s technology sector is driving economic growth, expanding global dominance in innovation and entrepreneurship, and putting Americans to work. Data centers, where data is stored and processed, are used by burgeoning technologies like drones and sensors to monitor crops and soil levels. Without these centers, we can’t power the innovations to keep our economy moving.
- Jun 15, 2017U.S. Chamber Report: Data Centers Average $32.5 Million in Economic Impact
According to a new report released today by the U.S. Chamber Technology Engagement Center (C_TEC), the average data center adds $32.5 million in economic activity to its local community each year. The report, Data Centers – Jobs and Opportunities in Communities Nationwide, also reveals that during construction, a typical data center generates an additional $9.9 million in revenue for state and local governments.
- Jun 15, 2017Eliminate the Cadillac Tax, Employers Remind Senate
The health care reform ball is in the Senate’s court. Over the last few weeks, a working group has been hashing out a plan to repeal and replace Obamacare.
- Jun 15, 2017U.S. Chamber Hosts President of Mozambique for Roundtable Discussion with U.S. Business Leaders
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Africa Business Center today hosted President of the Republic of Mozambique H.E. Filipe Nyusi for a roundtable discussion with American business leaders. President Nyusi is the first Head of State from the African continent to visit the U.S. Chamber since the beginning of the Trump administration.
- Jun 15, 2017U.S. Chamber’s Donohue Applauds Workforce Development Executive Order
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Tom Donohue issued the following statement today on President Trump’s executive order related to workforce development:
- Jun 15, 2017Inaugural ‘Commercial Construction Index’ Indicates High Revenue and Employment Expectations for 2017
Commercial construction is in high demand across the country and contractors are confident in the trajectory of the industry, according to the USG + U.S. Chamber of Commerce Commercial Construction Index (‘Index’), launched today. Nearly all contractors surveyed – 96 percent – expect revenues to grow or remain stable this year compared to 2016, with 40 percent expecting an increase and only 3 percent expecting a decrease in revenue.
- Jun 14, 2017U.S. Chamber Announces Alejandro Mayorkas as Chair of Cyber Leadership Council
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today announced that Alejandro Mayorkas has been selected to serve as Chairman of its Cyber Leadership Council. Mayorkas’ term will begin in July.
- Jun 14, 2017The Reform Agenda Central America Needs
Despite billions of dollars and efforts to implement corporate social responsibility programs, economic growth and prosperity has been slow.
- Jun 14, 2017Faces of Trade: Albert Green and Kent Displays, Inc. Kent Displays makes a line of eWriter products under our Boogie Board label.
- Jun 13, 2017Here's Why Small Business Matters
MetLife and the U.S. Chamber held its first Small Business Series in Dallas, Texas.