The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Apr 09, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on Energy Act of 2020 Innovation Programs This letter was sent to the Chairs and Ranking Members of the House and Senate Committees on Appropriations calling for sufficient funding for Energy Act of 2020 innovation programs.
- Apr 07, 2021U.S. Chamber Opposes Tax Hikes That Would Hurt Economic Growth, Competitiveness and Job Creation Urges Bipartisan Negotiations to Move Infrastructure ForwardWASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Chamber has long opposed tax hikes that will hurt American businesses and cost America jobs. The following statement can be attributed to Neil Bradley, executive vice president and chief policy officer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce:
- Apr 07, 2021April 7OSD Conference Call & News from the Administration Overview:
- Apr 06, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Launches U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council Washington, D.C. – Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce launched the U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council, which will focus on advocacy and engagement to strengthen the bilateral commercial partnership. As Bangladesh celebrates its 50th anniversary of independence, the new Council will serve as a platform for American businesses to engage both governments and promote opportunities for business to drive mutually beneficial economic growth.
- Apr 06, 2021Risks in the Semiconductor Manufacturing and Advanced Packaging Supply Chain The U.S. Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) is submitting this letter in response to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s (Department) request for comments regarding risks in the semiconductor manufacturing and advanced packaging supply chain. The Chamber welcomes this review as part of the Biden Administration’s Executive Order 14017 on America’s Supply Chains (EO), and we appreciate the Administration’s efforts to engage closely with the private sector as it identifies policy recommendations and priorities.
- Apr 06, 2021Anheuser-Busch Commits to Leading Economic Recovery with New Investments A recent $1 billion investment is aimed at stimulating the economy, sustainable innovations, and supporting job creation.
- Apr 02, 2021Unpacking the Filibuster Without the filibuster we will likely see major rewrites of federal law every four to eight years.
- Apr 01, 2021US-China Tariff Fight Leaves SE Asia in the Winner's Circle The U.S.-China trade conflict presents opportunities for Southeast Asia, many of which grew their U.S. exports since the conflict began.
- Apr 01, 2021Nearly 400 Businesses Make Rally for Recovery Commitment to Help Defeat Pandemic Businesses across the nation have made it a priority to step up and lead the recovery amid their workforce and in their communities.
- Apr 01, 2021Comments in Response to Review of EU Rules on the Security of Network and Information Systems The U.S. Chamber of Commerce welcomes the opportunity to provide comments on the European Commission’s consultation of the revision of the Directive (EU) 2016/1148 concerning measures for a common, high-level of security of network and information systems across the Union aimed at fulfilling the Commission’s requirements to review the functioning of the NIS Directive periodically. Our comments are attached.