The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Apr 01, 2021U.S. Chamber Partners with White House to Further Support America’s Business Community in the Fight Against COVID-19 U.S. Chamber selected as founding member of the COVID-19 Community Corps WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today announced it is partnering with the White House, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and community and industry organizations across the country to expand and enhance efforts to support businesses in the fight against COVID-19.
- Mar 31, 2021U.S. Chamber Calls for Productive Solutions from Democrats and Republicans to Enact Infrastructure Legislation WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has been vocal in urging the President and Congress to address infrastructure as their first priority after pandemic relief, even building a diverse coalition of over 300 organizations unified in calling for action by the Fourth of July. The following statement can be attributed to Neil Bradley, executive vice president and chief policy officer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce:
- Mar 30, 2021Trial Lawyers Want to Force People into Expensive Lawsuits Did you know there is a better alternative for consumers and employees to settle disputes with companies than having to set foot in a courtroom? It’s called arbitration, and it costs us less time, money, and frustration than a lawsuit. Arbitration works for people like us who can’t afford an expensive attorney or don’t want to spend years fighting in court. In fact, recent economic studies show that both employees and consumers win more money, more often and more quickly in arbitration than in court.
- Mar 30, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the "American Innovation and Jobs Act,” and the “American Innovation and R&D Competitiveness Act" This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress, supporting S. 749, the “American Innovation and Jobs Act,” and H.R. 1304, the “American Innovation and R&D Competitiveness Act.” This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard.
- Mar 30, 2021Hiring Our Heroes Presents U.S. Army Veteran with Toyota 4Runner The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes (HOH) presented U.S. Army veteran Ernest Knight with a 2021 Toyota 4Runner during today’s ceremony at the DeLuca Toyota dealership.
- Mar 29, 2021Sanders Inserts Himself in Amazon Campaign Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders reportedly weighed in on the organizing campaign at an Amazon facility that has been in the headlines in recent months. Unsurprisingly, the senator offered his support for the union hoping to represent roughly 6,000 Amazon employees working at the company’s fulfillment center in Bessemer, Alabama, and his remarks under
- Mar 29, 2021U.S. Chamber Announces State and Local Policy Initiative to Promote Effective State Policies “From data privacy to worker classification to discriminatory taxes to energy regulation, increasingly, policy issues of significant importance to the business community are migrating from statehouse to state house and from the federal government to state governments and vice-versa," said Tom Wickham, Senior Vice President for State and Local Policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “Many of these policies have outsized impact on the national economy and even local governments are considering policies that have implications well beyond their borders. This new initiative will improve strategic coordination, collaboration, and information sharing to help advance pro-business policy and stop policy that undermines the free enterprise system and job creation, irrespective of where those policies are under consideration.
- Mar 26, 2021Chamber and New Jersey Civil Justice Institute win major arbitration case in New Jersey WASHINGTON, D.C.- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the New Jersey Civil Justice Institute (NJCJI) prevailed on their challenge to New Jersey’s effective prohibition against the inclusion of mandatory arbitration agreements in employment contracts.
- Mar 26, 2021Comments to PBGC on Special Financial Assistance Program for Financially Troubled Multiemployer Plans The Honorable Gordon Hartogensis Director Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation 1200 K St NW Washington, DC 20005
- Mar 26, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Adds Global Perspective, Digital Savvy to Communications Team Kasper Zeuthen joins as Vice President; Denise Osei joins as Social Media Strategist WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has expanded its Communications team to strengthen the impact of data-driven campaigns, advanced digital strategies, and modern storytelling that promote the business community’s top priorities in the U.S. and around the world.