TO THE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES SENATE:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce strongly supports S. 914, the “Drinking Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Act of 2021.” This bipartisan legislation would provide important funding and policy solutions to address the water and wastewater challenges facing communities and companies across our the United States. The Chamber will consider including votes related to this legislation in our annual How They Voted scorecard.
The Drinking Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Act would achieve the following goals important to the business community:
- Providing unprecedented authorization levels for the drinking water and clean water state revolving loan funds.
- Catalyzing U.S. water policy for small, disadvantaged, and underserved communities especially around funding for water infrastructure, affordability, and access to technologies to address water quality concerns at the household level.
- Establishing an advanced technology grant program to drive innovation, lower costs, and improve efficiency.
- Promoting resilience and sustainability for water and wastewater systems.
- Aligning and expanding workforce development programs for recruitment, retention, and training.
The Chamber also encourages the inclusion of our 2021 policy priorities as S. 914 proceeds through the legislative process. By doing so, Congress will help create the enabling conditions necessary for the private sector to continue to innovate and improve America’s water infrastructure.
We again urge your support for this bill, and thank you for your leadership.
Senior Vice President
U.S. Chamber of Commerce