The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Task Force on Climate Actions is open to all U.S. Chamber members.
The Goals of the task force include the following:
- Understand how and for what purposes businesses across industries are internally pricing carbon.
- Gain an understanding of the implications and issues associated with carbon pricing and other potential climate actions.
- Learn how carbon pricing policies outside of the U.S. are impacting companies and issues.
- Recognize the extent to which and how businesses are calculating the risks and costs to the business of climate change.
- Ascertain the issues associated with explicit (e.g., carbon tax or cap and trade) and implicit (e.g., regulation) carbon price mechanisms.
- Promote a dialogue among companies and sectors.
The specifics learned will help the Chamber inform and contribute to the creation of proposed climate change policies.