220628 CFPB Request
June 28, 2022
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce submitted Freedom of Information Act requests to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to seek detailed information on how it has manipulated its rules and procedures while potentially ceding its independent agency status to political interference. Specifically, the FOIAs request information on:
- Communications with State Attorneys General regarding enforcement of the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010.
- The establishment and use of the CFPB's "Policy Fellowship Program".
- The CFPB procedures manual and operating manual.
- Director Chopra's determination that the board of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation should hold a vote without the consent of its chair.
- The CFPB's communications with non-U.S. Government policy or interest groups including the Student Borrower Protection Center with respect to changes to the CFPB's examination procedures.
- All records regarding the President's Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy, including communications between the agency and the White House.