From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
Following up with information regarding Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) contractors and access to FedMall Small Business corridor for PPE.
DLA is exploring the use of the FedMall Small Business corridor by SB contractors funded by NAF. NAF contracts are not subject to the FAR, therefore there may be limitations on their ability to use the government supply sources authority in FAR Part 51. OUSD is working this issue and will provide a final response by the end of the week or early next week
Below is the DCMA Defense Industrial Base report:
- The highest number of DIB closures was 148; and occurred on 12 April 2020
- The total number of closures currently is (2) two, as of 17 June 2020
- The total Cumulative reopenings is 267 as of 17 June 2020
- The average time of DIB closures is 40.5 days; and the average time to reopen is 20.3 days.
On 11 June 2020, the Department release the attached Force Health Protection Guidance Supplements 10 and 11. Supplement 10 provides guidance on clinical diagnostic COVID-19 testing for eligible persons with DoD suspected of having contracted COVID-19. Supplement 11 provides guidance on the Department’s surveillance strategy for COVID-19, including health surveillance activities, screening, asymptomatic testing, and sentinel surveillance testing. For additional an additional overview of these supplements, please visit the DoD Newsroom releases here:
- Force Health Protection Guidance – Supplement 10: https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2219038/force-health-protection-guidance-supplement-10/
- Force Health Protection Guidance – Supplement 11: https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2219066/force-health-protection-guidance-supplement-11/
The below link and attached description were sent out last month, however as a reminder the DPA Title III Executive Agent program office utilizes a standing Hybrid Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) on Beta.Sam.gov—the mechanism by which DPA Title III engages with industry—for the purpose of creating, maintaining, protecting, expanding, or restoring domestic industrial base capabilities essential to national defense. This is for those companies interested in requesting DPA Title III investment support outside of the JATF efforts for expanding medical and personal protective equipment capabilities. For detailed information about the FOA, visit https://beta.sam.gov/opp/da912c3ffe60df6c300811133930f9fb/view?keywords=FA86%2050-19-S-5010&sort=-relevance&index=&is_active=true&page=1.