Sue and Settle: Regulating Behind Closed Doors
What is Sue and Settle?
What is New in Sue and Settle?
- February 28, 2015: County to discuss land restriction concerns (Elko Daily Free Press)
- February 27, 2015: Rutledge Testifies Against Proposed EPA Rules (Times Record)
- February 26, 2015: Western regulators, utilities call for more time to implement EPA's Clean Power Plan (E&E Publishing, subscription required)
- February 26, 2015: Conn. Struggling To Meet EPA Ozone Standards (WSHU Public Radio Group)
- February 25, 2015: Supreme Court review of mercury rules could impact Ohio (Midwest Energy News)
- February 24, 2015: A whale of a fight is brewing over Atlantic coastal drilling (McClatchy Washington Bureau)
- February 24, 2015: Editorial board: Critical moment for sage grouse (Casper Star-Tribune)
- February 24, 2015: Enviros Sue EPA Over Soot Emissions From Coal Plants, Cars (Law 360, subscription required)
- February 23, 2015: Dallas-Ft. Worth facing possible 'Severe Ozone' reclassification (ScienceBlog.com)
- February 19, 2015: This Month in Sue and Settle (GlobalWarming.org)
- February 18, 2015: Changes 'on the Table' for Federal Carbon-Cutting Plan (U.S. News & World Report)
- February 18, 2015: Lawsuit Filed to Save Three Freshwater Species From Extinction (Center for Biological Diversity, press release)
- February 16, 2015: Controversy over cottontails as species is eyed for federal protection (Republican-American)
- February 12, 2015: EPA's Power Plant Rule Defies Will of Congress, Senate Republicans Say (Bloomberg BNA)
- February 11, 2015: Plan to reduce haze survives challenge (The Bismarck Tribune)
- February 11, 2015: EPA and Sierra Club reach partial settlement in ozone SIP litigation (Association of Corporate Counsel)
- February 10, 2015: EPA agrees to deadlines for state soot, smog plans (E&E Publishing, subscription required)
- February 10, 2015: Colorado Challenges Decision On Gunnison Sage Grouse (AP)
- February 10, 2015: More EPA regulation of ammonia? (Farm Futures, blog post)
- February 6, 2015: Daines hot about EPA wood stove regs (Billings Gazette)
- February 5, 2015: Enviros sue Interior to protect rare Mont. trout population (E&E Publishing, subscription required)
- February 5, 2015: Congressional Republicans renew bid to halt sue-and-settle maneuvers (Oil & Gas Journal)
- February 5, 2015: Endangered Species Act created environmental industry (Capital Press)
- February 5, 2015: 10 Environmental Regulations the Republican Congress Wants to Kill (National Journal)
- February 4, 2015: EPA chief promises clarifications in Waters of the U.S. rule (Agri-Pulse)
- February 4, 2015: EPA approves new woodstove emissions standards (Portland Press Herald)
- February 4, 2015: EPA Administrator Insists Water Rule isn't a Power Grab (APRN)
- February 3, 2015: Enviros Threaten To Sue EPA Over Emissions Standards (Law 360, subscription required)
- February 3, 2015: Farmers in western Kansas are feeling endangered (Hillsboro Free Press)
- February 2, 2015: Options for landowners in cuckoo and grouse listings (Ouray County Plaindealer)
- February 2, 2015: Obama seeks to hire more lawyers to fight legal challenges (E&E Publishing, subscription required)
- February 2, 2015: EPA Carbon Plan Vexing for Some Southern States: Fitch Ratings (The Bond Buyer)
See all -- Sue and Settle News Archive
Stay updated by following us on Twitter!
Recent Notices of Intent to Sue on EPA's Website
|2/10/2015||CWA, Conservation Law Foundation
Failure to perform nondiscretion duty to require NPDES permits for certain stormwater discharges to certain waters in RI.
|2/10/2015||CWA, Conservation Law Foundation, Charles River Watershed Association
Failure to perform nondiscretionary duty to notify stormwater dischargers of permit requirement and to respond to residual designation petition within 90 days.
|2/5/2015||CAA, Wildearth Guardians
For EPA's failure to promulgate a FIP within two years of disapproving the State of Utah's Regional Haze SIP.
|1/29/2015||CAA, HEAL Utah, National Parks Conservation Association, and Sierra Club
For EPA's failure to promulgate Regional Haze FIP for Utah.
|1/26/2015||CAA, WildEarth Guardians
For EPA's failure to promulgate to FIP within two years of disapproving the State of Utah's Regional Haze SIP.
|1/16/2015||SDWA, Sandra Reevis, Blackfeet Tribe
Notice of intent to sue EPA R8 over Town of Browning water supply on Blackfeet Reservation.
|1/15/2015||CAA, WildEarth Guardians
For failure to take action on a number of title V permit applications pending in Region 8.
For a full list of EPA's Notices of Intent to Sue, visit http://www.epa.gov/ogc/noi.html.
Interactive List of All Sue & Settle Cases
Also see this alternate table, which lists court cases resolved by agency action in response to legal challenges.
Which Advocacy Groups Use the Sue and Settle Process the Most?
What are the Economic Implications of our Findings?
For questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.