Sue and Settle: Regulating Behind Closed Doors
What is Sue and Settle?
What is New in Sue and Settle?
- March 31, 2015: Timber industry waiting for USFWS decision (International Falls Journal)
- March 31, 2015: Pollution from China taking high route to Central Valley, study says (The Sacramento Bee)
- March 30, 2015: St. Marys Cement loses appeal against EPA (Petoskey News-Review)
- March 26, 2015: Co-ops Seek Special Rule for Threatened Bats (ECT)
- March 26, 2015: 'Vote-a-rama' fights ahead on species, monuments, transfers to states (E&E Publishing, subscription required)
- March 25, 2015: Environmental groups threaten to sue feds over Mexican wolf protections (AP)
- March 20, 2015: Counties, associations challenge DOI's Greater Sage Grouse tactics (PennEnergy)
- March 20, 2015: Laurence Tribe, Obama's legal mentor, attacks EPA power plant rule (Politico)
- March 19, 2015: U.S. oil groups sue EPA over delays in biofuel standard (Reuters)
- March 17, 2015: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott asks EPA to scrap ozone plans (AP)
- March 17, 2015: A Michigan bat is in serious trouble, but some fear an endangered species listing more (Michigan Radio)
- March 15, 2015: The costliest EPA rule yet (The Washington Times)
- March 14, 2015: Baton Rouge Chamber says President Obama's proposed ozone standards would harm economy (The Advocate)
- March 10, 2015: Feds Propose More Than 330,000 Acres of Critical Habitat for Black Pine Snakes (Center for Biological Diversity, press release)
- March 10, 2015: EPA in settlement talks with enviros over toxic emissions from oil and gas (E&E Publishing, subscription required)
- March 10, 2015: EPA plan to tighten ozone standard meets resistance (Newsworks)
- March 9, 2015: County commissioners pen intent to sue over Sage Grouse (KJCT)
- March 5, 2015: Endangered Species Deal Harms Property Owners, Court Told (Law 360, subscription required)
- March 5, 2015: Lawsuit seeks to keep federal program from killing wolves (Methow Valley News)
- March 4, 2015: McConnell Discourages States From Crafting Clean Power Plans (Roll Call)
- March 4, 2015: Desert tortoise's potential placement on endangered species list could affect development (KTAR News)
- March 2, 2015: Prairie chicken plight: Protecting bird is paramount but economics should count (HutchNews.com)
See all -- Sue and Settle News Archive
Stay updated by following us on Twitter!
Recent Notices of Intent to Sue on EPA's Website
|3/24/2015||CAA, Sierra Club
For failure to promulgate a FIP within two years of EPA's partial disapproval on Louisiana's Regional Haze SIP.
|3/20/2015||CAA, Sierra Club and Physicians for Social Responsibility- Los Angeles
For its failure to perform non-discretionary duties related to the implementation of the 2006 NAAQS for PM2.5 in the Los Angeles-South Coast Air Basin, CA nonattainment area.
|3/20/2015||CAA, Wisconsin Public Service Corporation
For failure to grant or deny petitons to object to the proposed Title V permits for WPSC's De Pere Energy, LLC plant and for WPSC's Weston plant, Permit.
|3/10/2015||CAA, Environmental Integrity Project and Sierra Club
For failure to respond to petition to object to the Title V permit issued to Southwestern Electric Power Company for operation of the H.W. Pirkey Power Plant in Harrison County, Texas.
|2/20/2015||CAA, Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.
Failure to Act on Petition for Reconsideration of the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants From Coal-Fired and Oil-Fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units and Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Units, 77 Fed. Reg. 9304 (Feb. 16, 2012) ("MATS Rule").
For a full list of EPA's Notices of Intent to Sue, visit http://www.epa.gov/ogc/noi.html.
Interactive List of All Sue & Settle Cases
Also see this alternate table, which lists court cases resolved by agency action in response to legal challenges.
Which Advocacy Groups Use the Sue and Settle Process the Most?
What are the Economic Implications of our Findings?
For questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.