Dreamers—young men and women brought to the U.S. as children but who don't have legal status—contribute to their communities and the businesses where they work. Many have started their own enterprises and created good jobs that employ American workers. Providing Dreamers with permanent legal status is good for the economy and the right thing to do.
Immigration is not only crucial to America’s identity but also to its economy. Here’s how immigration reform can drive local and national economic growth.
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion3rd Annual National Summit on Equality of OpportunityThursday, October 0603:00 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- Mar 17, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on Immigration Legislation
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 6, the "American Dream and Promise Act," and H.R. 1603, the "Farm Workforce Modernization Act."
- Jun 18, 2020Chamber’s Donohue Commends Supreme Court DACA Decision, But Congress Still Must Act to Provide Permanent Relief for Dreamers
“The Supreme Court made the right decision today for Dreamers, our economy, and our country. Removing 700,000 Dreamers protected under DACA from our economy would deny our country talent, future leaders, and an essential piece of the American workforce including teachers, nurses, doctors, farmers, and entrepreneurs."
- Nov 12, 2019U.S. Chamber Statement on the Supreme Court's DACA Hearing
“It is extremely disappointing that we’ve reached a point where Congress has left the future of hundreds of thousands of young people to a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court. Stripping DACA recipients of their ability to legally live and work in the country will harm them, their employers, their families, and their communities," said Bradley.
- Jun 03, 2019U.S. Chamber Key Vote Alert! on H.R. 6, “American Dream and Promise Act of 2019"
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the U.S. House of Representatives supporting H.R. 6, the "American Dream and Promise Act of 2019."
- Mar 06, 2019U.S. Chamber Statement for the Record on House Judiciary Committee Hearing Entitled “Protecting Dreamers and TPS Recipients”
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce issued the following statement for the record in anticipation of today’s hearing entitled “Protecting Dreamers and TPS Recipients” being held in the House Judiciary Committee...
- Jan 21, 2019Breaking the Stalemate on Immigration
Both sides can agree—our immigration system is broken and in desperate need of reform.
- Jan 14, 2019Keeping Up the Economic Momentum in 2019 We look forward to working with all our leaders to keep our country on the path to greater prosperity.
- Jan 10, 2019State of American Business 2019 Live Blog President and CEO Tom Donohue outlined the top challenges facing the business community and lays out the U.S. Chamber’s policy priorities.
- Jan 10, 20192019 State of American Business Address
U.S. Chamber President Tom Donohue's remarks on the State of American Business as prepared for delivery on January 10, 2019.
- Jan 08, 2019U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Ending the Shutdown and Reopening the Federal Government
TO THE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS: