Applications are now closed for Next-Gen Summer 2022 Internship Program
Please check back in February 2023 for information about our 2023 Summer internship.
To be eligible for an internship, the U.S. Chamber requires that you are currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or law program.
WHO WE ARE
The Next-Gen internship program allows students to intern in various U.S. Chamber departments while offering events and collaborations that contribute to developing the next generation of diverse business leaders. Next-Gen focuses on exposing students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and other Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs) to the world of business, public policy, government affairs, and advocacy.
WHAT WE DO
A nine-week tailored internship within various U.S. Chamber departments designed to enhance students’ leadership development, provide career opportunities and spark innovation.
- Programmatic Events
- Individual Development Plans
- Educational Travel and Conferences
- Panels and Networking with Industry Leaders
- Monetary Compensation or Academic Credit
The U.S. Chamber has 45 different departments that cover multiple career fields. Interns are matched with departments based on work history and field of study. If you have a preference for a department, please indicate it in the notes section of the application.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Daily responsibilities for interns typically include research, drafting memos or content, and event planning and support. Specific responsibilities vary by department and semester.
- The U.S. Chamber also offers programming each semester to provide interns with professional development and networking opportunities. In previous semesters, this has included a resume workshop, professional panels with U.S. Chamber experts, leadership luncheons, and more.
CAN I RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT?
- Yes. You must be enrolled in a college or university and be eligible for academic credit from the school to go this route.
- The U.S. Chamber requires proof of academic credit either through a screenshot of your registration or via a signed letter from your university stating they will receive credit. Human Resources must receive proof of academic credit before we can confirm your internship.
IS THIS A PAID INTERNSHIP?
- Interns not receiving academic credit for their internship will be paid.
- The pay rate varies based on the current graduate level.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our recruitment and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.