America has the most innovative, dynamic, and resilient economy in history—our tax system should strengthen our economy, not undermine it. The U.S. Chamber promotes a tax system that allows taxpayers and business owners to make smart decisions about how they work, save, and invest. Low tax rates and a stable tax code allow businesses to grow the economy, create jobs for Americans, and invest for the future while supporting communities and society at large through tax revenues.
- A Business Guide to the U.S. EconomyWhat business owners need to know about the current state of the U.S. economy, including how the pandemic, labor shortage, and other trends are impacting performance.
- Finance and Financial Regulation Basics for BusinessesThe basics of financing and financial regulations for businesses, including sources of financing, government regulators, and the role of financial institutions.
- Small Business Would Be Hit Hard by Corporate Tax IncreaseThere are 1.4 million small businesses, employing about 13 million Americans, that would end up paying the higher rate.
The U.S. Chamber works with our partners in government and fights for tax policies that will help American businesses succeed at home, compete abroad, and attract global businesses to our shores.
The American Rescue Plan includes initiatives to help small employers, including expanded COVID-19 vaccine tax credits and a streamlined PPP forgiveness portal.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Sep 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on Reconciliation
This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives opposing reconciliation.
- Sep 15, 2021Tax Basics for Businesses
From corporate taxes to pandemic-related relief, taxes have a significant impact on the performance of every business. Here’s a guide to important tax issues for businesses.
- Sep 13, 2021U.S. Chamber Strongly Opposes House Democrats’ Reconciliation Tax Proposal
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley released the following statement today after House Democrats released text of their reconciliation tax proposal:
- Sep 13, 2021The Massive Budget Reconciliation Bill is Not a Climate Bill, It’s an Everything But the Kitchen Sink Collection of Bad Policies We will not find durable solutions in a bill that's more than twice the combined budgets of all 50 states.
- Sep 10, 2021Don’t Lose the Forest Through the Trees: Tax Hikes Will Harm the Economy and American Workers
The tax hikes Congress is considering tax will greatly weaken our economy, which will reduce job creation and wage growth for Americans.
- Sep 07, 2021New U.S. Chamber Study Shows Proposed Carried Interest Tax Increase Would Reduce Investment, Cause Widespread Job Loss, and Decrease Tax Revenue
Washington, D.C. — The U.S.
- Sep 02, 2021Proposed Changes to International Taxes Will Make U.S. Businesses Less Competitive and Harm American Workers
Raising taxes on businesses as part of a $3.5 trillion budget resolution will have severe negative impacts on U.S. workers and the economy.
- Aug 23, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the Budget Resolution
This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives opposing S. Con. Res. 14, the budget resolution.
- Aug 09, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the Budget Resolution
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, opposing S. Con. Res. 14, the budget resolution.
- Aug 03, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter to the Senate Appropriations Committee on FY22 Energy and Water Appropriations
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Appropriations, on Fiscal Year 2022 Energy and Water Development Appropriations legislation.