America has the most innovative, dynamic, and resilient economy in history—our tax system should strengthen our economy, not undermine it. The U.S. Chamber promotes a tax system that allows taxpayers and business owners to make smart decisions about how they work, save, and invest. Low tax rates and a stable tax code allow businesses to grow the economy, create jobs for Americans, and invest for the future while supporting communities and society at large through tax revenues.
- A Business Guide to the U.S. EconomyWhat business owners need to know about the current state of the U.S. economy, including how the pandemic, labor shortage, and other trends are impacting performance.
- Finance and Financial Regulation Basics for BusinessesThe basics of financing and financial regulations for businesses, including sources of financing, government regulators, and the role of financial institutions.
- Small Business Would Be Hit Hard by Corporate Tax IncreaseThere are 1.4 million small businesses, employing about 13 million Americans, that would end up paying the higher rate.
The U.S. Chamber works with our partners in government and fights for tax policies that will help American businesses succeed at home, compete abroad, and attract global businesses to our shores.
The American Rescue Plan includes initiatives to help small employers, including expanded COVID-19 vaccine tax credits and a streamlined PPP forgiveness portal.
Small business advice from CO—
- Health CareU.S.-Saudi Arabia Healthcare Webinar: The Intersection of Healthcare and Data — Saudi Arabia's Healthcare InfrastructureTuesday, December 0709:00 AM EST - 10:30 AM EST
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Security and ResiliencePath Forward AMA: Dr. Katelyn JetelinaThursday, December 0904:00 PM EST - 04:30 PM EST
- Jun 30, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on H.R. 4054, "Tribal Tax and Investment Reform Act" This Hill letter was sent to Representatives Ron Kind and Mike Kelly and the Members of the House Committee on Ways and Means, supporting H.R. 4054, the "Tribal Tax and Investment Reform Act."
- Jun 29, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on FY22 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Appropriations, ahead of the committee's markup of the Fiscal Year 2022 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations bill,
- Jun 24, 2021Reuters is Wrong. A Higher Corporate Tax Rate Would Hurt Our Economy. Raising taxes on businesses will make it less attractive for them to invest in the U.S.
- Jun 24, 2021A Higher Corporate Tax Rate Would Hurt Our Economy. Reuters Tax Article Misses the Mark. Raising taxes on businesses will make it less attractive for them to invest in the U.S.
- Jun 21, 2021President Biden’s Corporate Tax Hike Means Higher Energy Prices for Families and Businesses Americans will be paying more for energy if Congress passes President Biden’s proposed corporate tax hike.
- Jun 16, 2021Treasury's ARPA Tax Mandate Limits State Recovery Efforts U.S. Chamber State & Local Policy Initiative launches map to track American Rescue Plan funds and track litigation stop the ARPA tax mandate
- Jun 02, 2021Joint Letter to the Senate Committee on Finance in Opposition to Proposed Changes to the Internal Revenue Code in the Clean Energy for America Act On June 2, the Chamber delivered this joint letter to the Senate Committee on Finance in opposition to proposed changes to the Internal Revenue Code in the Clean Energy for America Act.
- May 26, 2021U.S. Chamber Comments on Notice 2021-28: Priority Guidance Plan On May 26, 2021, the Chamber submitted these comments to the I.R.S. and Treasury on Notice 2021-28, recommendations for items that should be included on the 2021-2022 Priority Guidance Plan, as published in the Internal Revenue Bulletin on May 3, 2021.
- May 26, 2021Raising the Corporate Tax Rate Will Damage Economic Recovery and Threaten Competitiveness Raising our corporate tax rate, combined with the average state rate, would put our tax rate above the OECD average.
- May 13, 2021Raising the Capital Gains Tax: Who Does it Really Hurt? The Biden Administration's proposed tax increases ignore the millions of Americans who will pay the price of the proposed tax increases.