Every innovation that improves lives, advances society, and drives our economy starts with an idea. Strong intellectual property rights—including patents, trademarks, and copyrights—protect and incentivize those ideas. When inventors, researchers, engineers, artists, and entrepreneurs have legal certainty that their work will be protected and rewarded, they can keep the transformative ideas coming. Intellectual property protections also shield consumers from dangerous fake and counterfeit goods, giving people assurances that products—from life-saving medicines to toys—are safe and authentic.
- 4 Things to Know About Intellectual Property and COVID-19 VaccinesIntellectual property enabled the discovery of lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines. Here’s why calls to waive IP rights would undermine medical innovation and our ability to respond to the next pandemic.
- Intellectual Property: A Primer for BusinessesIssues surrounding intellectual property rights in the U.S. have a significant impact on the business community. Here’s what businesses need to know.
- How Can the U.S. Government Better Protect Companies from CyberattacksHere are some ways government leaders are protecting the United States from cyberattacks that could steal intellectual property and personal data.
The U.S. Chamber’s Global Innovation Policy Center champions innovation and creativity through intellectual property standards so businesses can save lives, solve problems, create jobs, advance growth, and enhance society. Our work to protect strong intellectual property rights begins in Washington, D.C., and extends to countries across the globe.
Learn about ways government leaders are protecting the United States from cyberattacks that could steal intellectual property and personal data.
Small business advice from CO—
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion3rd Annual National Summit on Equality of OpportunityThursday, October 0603:00 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- Apr 27, 2022Making the Case: The Economic Rationale for Intellectual Property Rights
A new report shows how a nation’s intellectual property policies influence its economic output.
- Apr 25, 20225 Ways Copyright Laws Encourage Personal Expression and Creativity
Copyright is essential to ensuring artists, writers, musicians, content creators, and designers can make a livelihood and protect their creative works.
- Apr 11, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the "No Free TRIPS Act" and the "Protecting American Innovation Act"
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the United States Congress on the "No Free TRIPS Act" and the "Protecting American Innovation Act."
- Feb 23, 20225 Lessons from the 2022 International IP Index
For a decade, the International IP Index has helped economies better understand their unique intellectual property systems to improve and drive economic progress.
- Feb 23, 20222022 International IP Index
The 10th Annual International IP Index benchmarks the IP framework in 55 global economies across 50 unique indicators.
- Feb 08, 2022Filling These 3 Executive Branch Vacancies Can Help Creative Industries Thrive
The Biden Administration should prioritize filling these three executive branch vacancies critical to the protection and success of America’s creators.