Trade Imperatives for American Manufacturers
U.S. industrial production has risen by two-thirds in the past 30 years. Manufacturing has bounced back from the pandemic recession and today employs 12.6 million Americans, with average earnings topping $30 per hour.
International trade is crucial to American economic growth and competitiveness. Here’s how international business, trade, and investment can drive sales and job creation.
As other nations race to achieve their own market-opening trade deals, the United States cannot be left behind. The U.S. Chamber is dedicated to pursuing new trade and investment agreements that uphold and improve our standard of living and our standing in the world. Trade agreements must establish high standards, protect American innovation, and be fully enforceable.
India and Africa offer relatively untapped markets and unique trade opportunities for U.S. businesses.
- Workforce6th Annual Military Spouse Employment SummitWednesday, May 1801:00 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- Improving GovernmentCommon Grounds: Spotlight on Bipartisan LegislatingThursday, May 1911:00 AM EDT - 12:00 PM EDT
- WorkforceTPM National Learning Network Summit Spring 2022Thursday, May 1911:00 AM EDT - 02:00 PM EDT
- Mar 16, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter to the Senate on the Nomination of Katherine Tai to be U.S. Trade Representative
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, on the nomination of Katherine Tai to be United States Trade Representative.
- Feb 23, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Katherine Tai to be U.S. Trade Representative
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Finance, supporting the nomination of Katherine Tai to be United States Trade Representative (USTR).
- Jan 15, 2021The Benefits of International Trade
- Jan 15, 2021New Trade Deals: With Whom?
- Jan 15, 2021New Trade Deals: What Kind?
- Sep 22, 2020Key Vote Letter on H.R. 991, "Extension of Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act"
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the House of Representatives supporting H.R. 991, the "Extension of the Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act."
- Jul 15, 2020Why USMCA is good for American businesses, families, and consumers
U.S. trade with our North American neighbors has quadrupled in the past 25 years.