When businesses can find and retain the right people to innovate, compete, and grow—and when people have the skills and opportunities to put their talent to work—there’s no limit to what we can all achieve.
Read these first
- 4 Ways Employers Can Improve Recruiting and RetentionA new poll shows many unemployed workers are not actively looking for work. From offering hybrid work schedules to investing in reskilling and upskilling training, here are four ways employers can improve their recruiting and retention practices.
- Why Businesses Are Taking on the Role of EducatorsTech companies like Amazon, IBM, and others are stepping in to upskill, reskill, and provide educational opportunities that have traditionally been the domain of four-year colleges and technical and vocational schools.
- Vaccine Mandates: The Most Important Questions for Businesses AnsweredNew rules around employee vaccine mandates go into effect November 5. Here’s our guide to which businesses are subject to the rules, which employees need to be vaccinated, options for unvaccinated employees, and more.
Employment levels for Black Americans are up compared to where they were at the height of the pandemic, but they still lag those of other ethnic groups. Here’s how businesses are adapting their hiring and training practices to help solve Black unemployment
The U.S. Chamber believes we must quickly address a double-dose of workforce challenges. There are too many people without jobs and too many jobs without people. We are working to build a modern, adaptive workforce to meet the needs of today and to compete for the future. Through the America Works initiative, advocacy for effective education and training policy, the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s successful employer-led programs, and support for public-private partnerships, we create pathways for people and businesses alike to pursue their dreams and achieve their potential.
To reinvigorate the economy and promote workforce success, many companies are turning toward reskilling and upskilling for in-demand positions.
Small business advice from CO—
- Health CareU.S.-Saudi Arabia Healthcare Webinar: The Intersection of Healthcare and Data — Saudi Arabia's Healthcare InfrastructureTuesday, December 0709:00 AM EST - 10:30 AM EST
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Security and ResiliencePath Forward AMA: Dr. Katelyn JetelinaThursday, December 0904:00 PM EST - 04:30 PM EST
- Jun 09, 2017Restoring Common Sense to the Workplace As this blog has noted on many occasions, the Obama-era National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) was one of the more excessive regulators...
- Jun 07, 2017Department of Labor Takes Important Step Towards Regulatory Reform On June 7, DOL withdrew two Obama-era interpretive bulletins covering employee misclassification and the joint employer standard...
- Jun 06, 2017Misclassified Logic at the NLRB During the Obama administration, as observers of labor policy know well, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) was run by...
- Apr 10, 2017The State of American Education and Workforce Opportunity is at the heart of the American Dream, and at the heart of opportunity is a job. When the right person fills the right job, we all benefit—families, neighborhoods, businesses. We all grow and prosper. Yet, there’s a disconnect in our country. The national unemployment rate has fallen since the depths of the Great Recession, but we still have too many people without jobs and too many jobs without people.
- Mar 29, 2017Celebrating Ingenuity & Innovation During Women’s History Month These women span every industry and saturate every community.
- Feb 06, 2017U.S. Chamber Letter Opposing H.J. Res. 57, Disapproving the Rule Relating to Accountability and State Plans Under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 This letter opposing H.J. Res. 57, disapproving under the CRA the rule submitted by the Department of Education regarding accountability and state plans under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, was sent to all Members of Congress.
- Jan 31, 2017Misguided Attacks Against Labor Nominee Continue Labor unions and their allies have a beef, so to speak, with the Trump administration’s nominee to be Secretary of Labor, Andy Puzder...
- Jan 28, 2017Education and Innovation are Keys to Minneapolis Business Success From the classroom to the football field, leaders in Minneapolis understand the importance of education in supporting students.
- Jan 27, 2017Michigan Chamber Chief Backs DeVos to Run Education Department “Betsy DeVos will be great for kids!” said Michigan Chamber of Commerce president and CEO Richard Studley
- Jan 25, 2017Video Series: Giving A Voice To Tomorrow The Achieving Tomorrow’s Voices project is a creative video campaign that highlights the importance of joint success in education.