The Chamber's Asia Department gives voice to policies that help American companies compete and prosper in Asia's dynamic marketplace. Our expertise allows companies to actively shape policy debates in Asian countries and in Washington. The Chamber helps companies gain greater access to senior government officials and corporate representatives in a way few organizations can.
- Sep 21, 2021U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council Hosts Bangladesh Prime Minister H.E. Sheikh Hasina on the Sidelines of United Nations General Assembly
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly meetings, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council hosted a Virtual Business Roundtable with Bangladesh Prime Minister Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina and over 30 senior executives from U.S. and Bangladesh business community.
- Sep 16, 2021Global Task Force on Pandemic Response Provides Critical Support to Southeast Asia’s Diagnostic Capacity in its Battle Against COVID-19
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Global Task Force on Pandemic Response (GTF), a public-private partnership of major U.S. companies organized by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce with support from Business Roundtable, announced today that it will help strengthen Indonesia and Southeast Asia’s diagnostic capacity as they continue to battle against major COVID-19 outbreaks.
- Sep 15, 2021Comments on Japan's AI Governance Guidelines
- Aug 31, 2021Chamber Response to Australia's Consultation Paper on Strengthening Australia’s Cyber Security Regulations and Incentives
The Chamber submitted comments to the Australia's Department of Home Affairs Consultation Paper on Strengthening Australia’s Cyber Security Regulations and Incentives.
- Aug 24, 2021U.S. Chamber China Center Advisory Board Welcomes Meeting with USTR Katherine Tai Pledges Cooperation to Support U.S. Workers, Advance Innovation, and Strengthen the U.S. Economy
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Chamber China Center Advisory Board met this morning with USTR Katherine Tai to discuss the state of U.S.-China economic and commercial relations and exchange views on the opportunities and challenges for American business with China.
- Aug 17, 2021The Case for a Digital Trade Agreement
It is imperative that the United States act now to frame new rules of the road for digital trade so that American companies and workers can seize the opportunities presented by the digital revolution.
- Aug 13, 2021U.S. Chamber Calls on U.S. Government to Surge COVID-19 Resources, Vaccines to Southeast Asia
Myron Brilliant, Executive Vice President and Head of International Affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, issued the following statement in advance of Vice President Kamala Harris’ trip to Vietnam and Singapore, calling on the administration to surge vaccines and assistance to southeast Asia.
- Aug 05, 2021Global Task Force on Pandemic Response Mobilizes Pandemic Relief in Indonesia and Southeast Asia, with Pledges of Aid from U.S. Businesses
The Global Task Force on Pandemic Response (GTF) — a public-private partnership of major U.S. companies organized by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce with support from Business Roundtable — today announced plans to mobilize in support COVID-19 pandemic relief and response in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
- Jun 17, 2021U.S. Chamber: United States Should Host APEC in 2023
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today called on the Biden-Harris Administration to host the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in 2023. The United States last hosted the once-annual meetings in 2011 in Honolulu.
- May 27, 2021U.S. Chamber’s U.S.-Japan Business Council Announces Western Digital’s David Goeckeler and Dow’s Eriko Sakurai as New Board Members
WASHINGTON, D.C.— The U.S. Chamber’s U.S.-Japan Business Council (USJBC) announced today that David Goeckeler, chief executive officer of Western Digital, has been elected vice chairman of the USJBC. Goeckeler will join USJBC chair Doug Peterson, president and chief executive officer of S&P Global, in enhancing the USJBC’s policy advocacy strategy and promoting the USJBC’s mission.